How they do it in Russia

mistahbenn

Just saw this over on a site Stateside, and thought I'd share it with you. I will quote the original poster, Im sure he won't mind..

[ame]

[/ame]

"The workers at Udal, one of the tree services that sponsored my trip to Russia in 2003, do not use spurs for removals. They use a double lanyard type system. The upper lanyard is a long one to facilitate limb walks and such, the lower one has a foot loop on it to be used as spurs to stand on. This system was superior to our Ddrt since the majority of trees in the Moscow area were either European Birch with tight crotches or Norway spruce with down sloping limbs. They did adopt the Ddrt for the English Oaks that are also native to the area. I think their approach would work good on the palms, but since we do not have a lot in ND I have not been able to test the technique personally.

The following video is from their website Îáñëóæèâàíèå ïàðêîâûõ äåðåâüåâ. Ëå÷åíèå, îáðåçêà, óõîä, óäàëåíèå äåðåâüåâ. Ðàáîòà ñ îïàñíûìè äåðåâüÿìè. . If you look closely you will be able to see the second lanyard and footloop."

:thumbup1:

Just saw this over on a site Stateside, and thought I'd share it with you. I will quote the original poster, Im sure he won't mind..

"The workers at Udal, one of the tree services that sponsored my trip to Russia in 2003, do not use spurs for removals. They use a double lanyard type system. The upper lanyard is a long one to facilitate limb walks and such, the lower one has a foot loop on it to be used as spurs to stand on. This system was superior to our Ddrt since the majority of trees in the Moscow area were either European Birch with tight crotches or Norway spruce with down sloping limbs. They did adopt the Ddrt for the English Oaks that are also native to the area. I think their approach would work good on the palms, but since we do

not have a lot in ND I have not been able to test the technique personally.

The following video is from their websiteÎáñëóæèâàíèå ïàðêîâûõ äåðåâüåâ. Ëå÷åíèå, îáðåçêà, óõîä, óäàëåíèå äåðåâüåâ. Ðàáîòà ñ îïàñíûìè äåðåâüÿìè. . If you look closely you will be able to see the second lanyard and footloop."

:thumbup1:

That's pretty impressive... Not sure I could or would want to adopt there technique though!! How long did you spend out there?? Any more info on the two lanyard technique? One of the most interesting I have seen for a while! Thanks for sharing

That's pretty impressive... Not sure I could or would want to adopt there technique though!! How long did you spend out there?? Any more info on the two lanyard technique? One of the most interesting I have seen for a while! Thanks for sharing

Matty it wasn't me out there... it was the OP from another forum...Im just sharing the video and info.

DO the Russians get a pass on one handing a climbing saw at face level and above? Or lack of PPE on the ground crew?

He was one handing a the saw repeatedly, while using his free hand to balance himself. He needed the extra balance because he wasn't wearing spikes.. that's unnecessarily dangerous IMO

DO the Russians get a pass on one handing a climbing saw at face level and above? Or lack of PPE on the ground crew?

He was one handing a the saw repeatedly, while using his free hand to balance himself. He needed the extra balance because he wasn't wearing spikes.. that's unnecessarily dangerous IMO

Its just that we like the Russians.

Matty it wasn't me out there... it was the OP from another forum...Im just sharing the video and info.

first thing in the morn and all that! , I'm still impressed with the last cut he made, takes some skill and the whole thing looked under control.

I wonder why they don't like spikes though!!