201t revving but chain not wanting to move?

samthescam

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to let everyone know. I went into my local dealer, they have been onto Stihl and apparently it's a know problem out of their German factory. They have sorted it now, but they wern't tuned up properly. That's all.

Sadly after a week, I am still don't have my saw back from FR Jones. I called them today and was told it hadn't been looked at as the tech was on holiday! Annoying cos, when they were picking it up I was assured it would be sorted as soon as it came in. I know everyone on here raves about them, but I'm not impressed that they can't retune a saw in less than a week, after telling me it was a asap priority and that I had to call them to ask what was going on. Really quick to send out saws and take your money, but no so quick to sort something when it goes wrong!

Just to let everyone know. I went into my local dealer, they have been onto Stihl and apparently it's a know problem out of their German factory. They have sorted it now, but they wern't tuned up properly. That's all.

Sadly after a week, I am still don't have my saw back from FR Jones. I called them today and was told it hadn't been looked at as the tech was on holiday! Annoying cos, when they were picking it up I was assured it would be sorted as soon as it came in. I know everyone on here raves about them, but I'm not impressed that they can't retune a saw in less than a week, after telling me it was a asap priority and that I had to call them to ask what was going on. Really quick to send out saws and take your money, but no so quick to sort something when it goes wrong!

Not being funny Sam, but if you wanted it sorted in a hurry you should have paid your local shop to do it.

I have to say that on the two occasions that i had to return an item to FR Jonse and sons- a stein jacket that sprung a leak and some boots that fell apart prematurely, I was amazed at the service I got- none of the usual quibbling about who my contract was with or any of the usual nonsense that high street retailers usually fob you off with. I find it astonishing that you have found the service less than satisfactory.

I have to agree with Steve Bulman too though.:001_smile:

Not being funny Sam, but if you wanted it sorted in a hurry you should have paid your local shop to do it.

I completely agree with you. I'm more annoyed that I was told it would be looked at straight away (or more precisely as soon as it comes in), and a week later its sitting on a table and I'm none the wiser.

I know we don't live in a perfect world, but if you had a customer and you told them you would do something tomorrow and a week later they called you asking what was going on, I don't think you would have that great a rep.

Either way, hopefully it's a one off. Everyone on here raves so it looks like the exception rather than the rule. Put simply though, if I had bought a tv from curry's, and it didnt work, I'd have demanded a new one or my money back. It simply seems we have lower standards when it comes to work tools.

I completely agree with you. I'm more annoyed that I was told it would be looked at straight away (or more precisely as soon as it comes in), and a week later its sitting on a table and I'm none the wiser.

I know we don't live in a perfect world, but if you had a customer and you told them you would do something tomorrow and a week later they called you asking what was going on, I don't think you would have that great a rep.

Either way, hopefully it's a one off. Everyone on here raves so it looks like the exception rather than the rule. Put simply though, if I had bought a tv from curry's, and it didnt work, I'd have demanded a new one or my money back. It simply seems we have lower standards when it comes to work tools.

Is it because we give them the leeway we would like and hope to receive from our customers- if you get my logic- I prefer my customers not to be perfectionists because, whilst perfectionists perform good work, they are a pain to work with

Hi Sam

Sorry it's not gone as it should and normally does. I'am away in Devon for the next couple of days working and Mick our top Sthil guy is on holiday, I'll give them a ring and get it sorted for you asap. We normally get machines turned around in a couple of days but with Mick away and the start of colleges and moving we are a bit busy.

Leave it with me.

Justin:001_smile:

Sam

After thinking about it until Mick's back I don't want anyone else messing with the saw and I'm away sorting other stuff. So I've sent you a brand new one out, we have swapped the air filter cover and side case for the ones on your original, as I'll have to sell this one second hand.

We don't normally have a problem with quick repairs, but short of staff and holidays mixed in with building a new place is putting us under a bit of pressure. Give it a week or so and we will be back on top of things.

You should get the saw tomorrow (Wednesday the 5th).

Sorry about all the trouble.

Justin.:001_smile: