Oregon Easycut sawhorse review

Goaty

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know what you mean Jon - after mine disintegrated I decided to go for a mega saw horse.... got greedy and made it too wide though but you can put very long pieces on and if you clip it it's not a problem.

:biggrin:

That's a beast, Rob :001_smile:

I made something similar but much smaller and found it's great for loading up with small diameter poles up to around 10ft long. Three fills of it fills the sankey trailer and from start ing loading the rack to having a full trailer i about 30min.

Thinking about using my new thing and seeing how others on this thread are using their own variants is bringing home the benefits of loooong billets. I've kept them to 3-4' so far so I can split them before seasoning but I have a decent stock now so don't need to split them. Longer billet = less handling, easier handling and faster end production.

Thanks for the eye opening Rob and Chris.

Jon

Made this one for 35cm logs for the bigger stove at home. The stop block at the end helps even up the lengths more efficiently. I added a wooden clamp to this as well, it clamps the chainsaw bar for sharpening on site, a simple addition that works of a couple of hex bolts with large wing nuts. Pretty sturdy, the only negative, is it doesnt fold up for ease of transport.

100_1126.jpg.d50779399cb1afd72f4cf717bac978aa.jpg

100_1124.jpg.a268d40293aea4921f138bc82272f63b.jpg

Show off! I'd love to see that hanging off the back of my pickup - it would up on its back wheels!

Ha ha! It needed to be long to take offcuts from the Peterson mill and is on a pallet for moving around the yard.... I should have made it narrower though ... :blushing:

I know what you mean Jon - after mine disintegrated I decided to go for a mega saw horse.... got greedy and made it too wide though but you can put very long pieces on and if you clip it it's not a problem.

Rob, I notice your bottom supports sit at an angle to the up rights, rather then being horizontal. Does this help in any way.

Rowan.

Yes. Went and collected it from the maker last Sunday on the Kent/Sussex border. Laurie's been making them for 20 years and still uses his first one.

He made it to order; the standard gap between uprights is 8" but I wanted 12" and that's what I got.

:lol: neighbours must love you! Cutting firewood in the driveway in a sleepy neighbourhood! Sawdust all over that posh motor aswell :laugh1::laugh1:

:lol: neighbours must love you! Cutting firewood in the driveway in a sleepy neighbourhood! Sawdust all over that posh motor aswell :laugh1::laugh1:

Ha ha. Looks can be deceiving. Not my neighbours, not my drive; the logging up was part of the job. I suggested moving the Audi but no 'it's only a bit of sawdust'. Madam did brush some of it off with her hand though and I could hear her wedding ring hit the car with every stroke.:001_smile: