Oregon Easycut sawhorse review

Goaty

Rob, I notice your bottom supports sit at an angle to the up rights, rather then being horizontal. Does this help in any way.

Rowan.

Yes it is better if the logs roll towards your saw.

1. If they rolled away they can spin and flick out of control everywhere.

2. Also stack together if the 1st log slides to one side the next stacks neater and easier behind it. Making a uniform stack contributes to flusher perpendicular end cuts that stand better if you need to split em

and there is probably other reasons.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rob, I notice your bottom supports sit at an angle to the up rights, rather then being horizontal. Does this help in any way.

Rowan.

My posh version (!) has the same feature Rowan, i.e. the bottom of the basket is sloped toward the cutter. It probably reduces log spinning but doesn't eliminate it, though obviously the larger the logs the less the spin.

To almost eliminate spinning mine comes with a clamp that slides over a pair of uprights and on top of the stack: it's the unused blue object at the bottom right of my third pic. It wasn't needed there due to the size of the logs but it's good for smaller stuff.

Jon

Ok thanks for those comments lads. I have a bungee on standby in case I end up with a load of sub 3-4" stuff on top of the piled rack. Eliminates most spin and kickback. I suppose the secret to filling any rack like this is to put the small stuff in first and leave the bigger heavier billets til last.

Yeah. I'm looking for a better way to dismember pallets. At the mo I use a circular saw to take out the planks and then a big chop saw to chop up the ends.

The only problem doing pallets with a chainsaw is the random nails and embedded stones.

On the plus side most pallets we get these days are clean and heat treated. The old scummy ones must be getting burned up.