What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Just received my 372 xp back from a good going over by our very own Spud! Really great service that I can't recommend enough. Saw runs great, very happy with the bill. Well worth £20 in postage to and fro. Cheers mate.

No worries, glad it turned up OK, nice saw and always glad to help.:thumbup:

Hi all, i have on my bench a hva 346xpg again, it has trouble to rew high enough :( I have tried 3 different coils on it and washed 3 times carburetor and adjusted needle lever to correct height. Tried new carburetor seal kit but no help at all. It just 4 strokes slightly all the time and wont turn "FRESH" rews. Carburetor was pulled apart and checked every moving part that i found including that brass piston pump thing in it. So can someone point me to right direction in this issue. I have had a lot of help from you before and hoping to have again. I cant answer very fast if someone has guestion to me because we have "summer tire/tyre season" in Finland now. (chanching studded tires to summer tires)

it rews 12 800 rpm at max if someone likes to know.

Edited by Huski
forget one thing

Not too much to make it run rich, so start with basics, clean air filter or replace, remove the spark arrester from the muffler if fitted, finally pressure test carb, if the needle is leaking this will richen the mixture, 12500 is not that bad, it only seems about 1000 rpm down!. are you sure it is rich? if it is running too lean thats a whole different ball game, leaking seals, impulse pipe not connected, fuel filter in the tank blocked, fuel tank breather blocked.

What happens if you turn the H screw in 1/4 turn or is it fourstroking whatever the setting is?

Not sure what the brass plug is?? The only brass bit is the high speed check valve - what have you done with this? It is a slight possibility that this has stuck open but would have thought this would mess up the idle in a big way!

12800 is pretty low for a 346 - are you sure the diaphragm has the spacer gasket between it and the main body of the carb. Make sure the metering arm is 0.3mm under the height of the sides of the carb body using a straight edge.

Have you tried another carb. Be aware also that these coils if blue, are rev limited and although other saws coils look the same, the larger ones will kick in at lower revs than a 346XP - the coils are engraved with the revs they are limited to!

Not too much to make it run rich, so start with basics, clean air filter or replace, remove the spark arrester from the muffler if fitted, finally pressure test carb, if the needle is leaking this will richen the mixture, 12500 is not that bad, it only seems about 1000 rpm down!. are you sure it is rich? if it is running too lean thats a whole different ball game, leaking seals, impulse pipe not connected, fuel filter in the tank blocked, fuel tank breather blocked.

Which texts are you working off? Depending on which version, OE or NE, the rpm's are between 14.5 - 14.7krpm, though I did see 15.5 once, although that could have been a mis-print.

4-stroking is a sign of the saw being over-rich, or possibly a blue coil. Do as spud and adw suggest and you should find the fix, as a question, have you reset the carb to 1 turn out? It's quite easily over richened if you're slightly out

Morning all, i have tried blues coil also but it said 14100 and i think its limited. It 4 stroke slightly all rew range, that brass thing was in carburetor body and thottleshaft was moving it. I have to set fuel level again, it is about 0,1mm under gasket level. H needle is now 1/4open and it is too rich. Have to go workshop know, but i report more att night.

And its 2002 model if i remember right.