What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Have you got a different one from the one I sold you? :001_rolleyes::001_tt2:

Haha, no complaints about that saw, have 3 old saws but that's the one I use all the time, cutting its way through 25t of larch atm, no probs apart from perished fuel line, newer not always better!!

Haha, no complaints about that saw, have 3 old saws but that's the one I use all the time, cutting its way through 25t of larch atm, no probs apart from perished fuel line, newer not always better!!

Ano newer not better but I'm just a tube haha:biggrin:

Arms are like Popeyes trying to start that thing today:thumbdown: all my tools are in work😞 need to wait till Monday

The ported 346XP isn't that noisy TBH, just sounds a little more angry than standard

My other saws at max revs you could still here the 346 ticking over hahaha and my girlfriend heard if from about 1 and a half away 😂😂 and thought I would share the love of a ported saw..... A member from here bought it :biggrin:

No rest for the wicked, been working on a Stihl 020AVT - yup, one of those antique ones:001_rolleyes::lol:

Got the saw stripped down, the internals looked like one of those muddy patches on a football field but a good blasting with the compressor and copious amounts of spray sorted it.

I am converting it to run on Motomix so new fuel lines and carb kit, the recoil was not recoiling and it is now:thumbup: The flywheel pawl pins are missing big pieces off the top and this would cause catastrophic failure in a short period of time.

The pins are not available so will fabricate something that will work - probably thread the holes and use thread locked bolts!

IMG_20141228_210032.JPG.8bcc49f5fcfdf72a8c66660cbe1feb08.JPG

IMG_20141228_210226.jpg.35f88da15c2576a6c3ea6570896c6546.jpg

IMG_20141228_210412.jpg.33c2b2f157d00cfe40936691b805a26a.jpg

Done a number of 357XP rebuilds recently and each one has had a deformed impulse line connector on the inlet manifold. This damage is caused by it not being located on to the cylinder properly.

Personally I usually fit the rubber manifold and then fit the plastic parts afterwards - it normally avoids this sort of damage!

All of the machines were leaking air from this issue:thumbdown:

IMG_20141228_213548.JPG.dad62a7f860b46309e0e85076e39a541.JPG

I had summit a bit different yesterday. A new chonda (Chinese Honda copy lol) engine that was brand new but had been smacked or dropped either during shipping or at the importers causing a 2mm split in the engine block/base and distorting 1 of the engine mountings!

I was going to get hold of another block and rebuild it but then thought i had nothing to lose experimenting...

Aluminium braze rods wouldn't flow due to the heat sink distubution of the block, just couldn't get it hot enough.

Next throw in some 90/10 alloy/silca wire and screw a bottle of argon on the mig and seems to have done the job well visually so today is a case of running it up and checking for oil leaks. Cast alloy is a bit of a b*gger welding as although it looks good it can go porous with oxidisation and heat despite cleaning it well and grinding the edges up.

I would love to add a tig welder to the collection but keep putting it off as its like buying an ms880/3120 just to use a few times a year having money tied up in something that doesn't pay its way unless used a lot....

Edited by wisecobandit