What's on your bench today?

spudulike

got an ms200 with the dodgy carb syndrome ,rang local dealer as expressed an intrest in the 201, he then told stihl didnt have any carbs in stock :sneaky2:but would keep trying ,4hrs later still no joy ,so swapped carb of a working sew hey presto good as new ,so rang again still no carbs ,so rang jonsie & guess what ,itll be in the post monday :biggrin:

so thats saved me £400 :thumbup1:

Typical, the guy I fixed the 254XP for earlier in this thread was told the bottom end wouldn't take a new piston and would he like to purchase a new saw :sneaky2:

Whats on my bench - a nice compression gauge, found this at the local market, couldn't resist, offered £10 and the trader accepted - only found out its true value when I got home....£130 - £150 new.

It comes with the taps for cleaning out the plug threads as well as all the attachments for extending the connector and a spare set of O rings and spare valve:thumbup:

Bit of a bargain:thumbup1:

P1030599.jpg.be59997782cfc4f694bdbfb177fff47c.jpg

Looks good mate but you already have two!!

Can see my carb in the picture, how's it coming along, is it fixable?

I know, I know but this one has a nice case and and ...:001_rolleyes:

Actually I thought the taps for cleaning up mucky threads may be useful!!

Your carb - I have stripped out the throttle valve rod and now rebuilt with another spacer washer and a good dollop of copper slip grease. I am not 100% sure if this is the reason for the poor idle but have a good way of testing for leaks in this area and will test tomorrow and run it up again, the bottom end and inlet boot are 100% perfect, no leakage and this is the only area I have found to be leaking.

If this doesn't work then it is new carb time and they are around £100 - the saw has good compression......on all three gauges:001_rolleyes: 160psi so the rest of the saw is sound - you may hear it sometime tomorrow:thumbup:

Sounds good.:thumbup1:

Does the battery last the equivalent of a tank of fuel,or longer?

A battery powered top handle would be nice!:thumbup:

does about 2 charges to a full tank of oil

or should I say mine ran out

but often oil in a petrol one would do nearly 2 petrols.

I do not think it lasts as long as a petrol one but certainly ticks over quieter and more efficiently:thumbup: