What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Lucky for him I have a few spare, over tightened? Hmm I don't know, eBay saw it was working fine before that happened.

It's one thing having spares and another fitting the thing! OK if he is good with the tools but not so good if he needs another to do it!

Possibly someone has tried to remove the clutch without realising it has a right hand thread!:thumbdown:

It's one thing having spares and another fitting the thing! OK if he is good with the tools but not so good if he needs another to do it!

Possibly someone has tried to remove the clutch without realising it has a right hand thread!:thumbdown:

Should get the ryobi 4040. The clutch has arrows and it says remove in the direction it needs to be turned to take it off. :001_rolleyes::lol::lol::lol:

MS341, taken apart to port, the first thing is the piston has a forward facing ring location pin (arrowed) leaving no room to open the exhaust port up so just took the carbon off it.

The cylinder is open port and there was mee thinking it would be closed port:001_rolleyes:

You can see the crankcase is flowed a little where the transfer ports end.

The inlet was widened a bit, the base gasket can't be removed to decrease squish as the piston would clout the cylinder so opened up the gasket where it was impinging the transfer ports and opened up the piston windows.

A muffler mod will be done soon.

DSCF0880.jpg.6cd93ca6936ecfa7691d2cc5a99ca40c.jpg

DSCF0877.jpg.43a73a0ff4bba40c7932e10a22e607eb.jpg

Piston.jpg.8956458b4ea74ce7810a51413cd8851b.jpg

I've got a 357xp with scoring on the pistons... I retuned the carb by ear... Big mistake no less! Ah well, I've now got my wee rev counter for when I fix the saw up... Not gonna make the same mistake twice ;)

I made that mistake twice, blew my 385 and a 335 up, after the cost of the 385 repair, never again! Tach all the way, until I came to retune that, book says 12.8k rpm, mines running rich at 13k, any advice spud?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I made that mistake twice, blew my 385 and a 335 up, after the cost of the 385 repair, never again! Tach all the way, until I came to retune that, book says 12.8k rpm, mines running rich at 13k, any advice spud?

Tacho is worth the £30 i paid for it, that 357xp ran like a dream for nearly a year before I destroyed it, and it always out performed it's big brother the 550xp so yeah, new piston job coming up for me :(

The max manufactures revs are 13krpm

What symptoms have you got, it may be rich on the L screw!

It is the colour of the plug that is important at the end of the day and this is best taken after a number of big long cuts with no idle at the end!

The max manufactures revs are 13krpm

What symptoms have you got, it may be rich on the L screw!

It is the colour of the plug that is important at the end of the day and this is best taken after a number of big long cuts with no idle at the end!

You've seen the plug before, it's the one I posted earlier, both adjusters need tuning in, as I have run it on aspen, but not bothered to adjust it from factory, but seeing the manual as I went to adjust it, it was higher than stated so I thought I would seek advice first