What's on your bench today?

spudulike

A 046 with 460 tank in a box and grocery sack dropped off.

One stihl dealer had it for 2 weeks and gave a estimate of $700 to fix. Another small engine shop had it a month and was close to the same.

So I got a call and the guy drove a hour one way to have me go through his new to him saw. (bought not running from tree service)

I had it a hour figured out why it stopped running and scored 1/4" area in the process. I ordered $100 in parts (including a new DP muffler set up) and that will fix it up. Little more labor and she should be done next week when parts arrive.

Thats not a bad seize at all, almost looks like carbon damage as the ring area looks pretty clean but am guessing the transfer has taken the rings out and lost compression. New rings and a cylinder clean up may have fixed it but would fit a decent piston if it was me:thumbup:

Just shows what can be done, got a similar MS441 in, all in bits, the tank/handle needs replacing and the dealer quoted £400, I have spent under £100 on parts and a couple of hours should see it up nad running, guess the dealer just didn't want to do it but did they have to take the thing apart and leave it in bags to come to this decision.......Grrrrrrrr:001_rolleyes::lol:

Working on my stepdads new to him chipper today, blades were blunt, wouldn't rev up, fuel line was shagged, engine mounting was loose, a lot of other bolts were loose, the drive belt is pretty worn and the sump has a leak! Oh the joys of machinery! All hopefully sorted now though

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Need a top handle for a Stihl MS441 and also the lower filter cover - the one held on with four screws.

The saw is a customers and looks like it has been dropped out of a tree or a tree has landed on it:blushing:

The parts are available but wondered if a deal could be struck:thumbup:

Next up Is info for both spud and gardenkit.

The gearbox has 7 splines inside it.

Edit... Forgot the rest of the info. 5.5mm hss drill fits down the splin shaft on gearbox. Smooth end not spiral end. And the strimmer shaft is 24mm thick. Or 23.95mm on callipers. (I know how much of a perfectionist you are... :lol:

image.jpg.8ee3cf4cca635f24e11720b37bfe5356.jpg

Edited by Rich2484

Next up Is info for both spud and gardenkit.

The gearbox has 7 splines inside it.

Edit... Forgot the rest of the info. 5.5mm hss drill fits down the splin shaft on gearbox. Smooth end not spiral end. And the strimmer shaft is 24mm thick. Or 23.95mm on callipers. (I know how much of a perfectionist you are... :lol:

Nice dirty pic Rich:thumbup: was hoping for something a bit more saucy - guess GK may have had a coronary if it had been:lol:

Will check the one I have at home and see if it will work - think it came from a Robin strimmer, I also have a Shindaiwa one kicking around, that one may also fit but bear with me unless GK comes up trumps!

Yes pm received Barrie.

Thanks spud but I think Barrie has come up trumps. A nice shiny new one for the customer. It's one of ovendans machines.

Will reply to your pm Barrie as soon as I get five minutes. Thanks bud. :thumbup:

No worries, as long as you are sorted:thumbup: