What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Hi craig, is your mower 2 or 3 blades?.Have the blades slipped on the belt allowing them to mesh, try setting them up 90 degrees to each other. No piece of the housing tinwork bent and catching blade.

Speak later any prob give me a call David

Got a heavy duty rotovator dropped of tonight. Big horrible blue thing, the tynes are gone so new ones coming, also it will try and run away with you on the end of a run, so pull the clutch up and it still try's to carry on driving.

Got a few bits to tidy on it and a make over. But it looks like a well used machines. Anothe done from ovendans.

Hi craig, is your mower 2 or 3 blades?.Have the blades slipped on the belt allowing them to mesh, try setting them up 90 degrees to each other. No piece of the housing tinwork bent and catching blade.

Speak later any prob give me a call David

Just the two blades looking at it they have slipped and knocked hell out of each other tried to slacken of the belt to move them so think its of with the covers:sneaky2: you might regret saying to give you a bell:lol:

Could just be bent blades. At worst you have destroyed the bearings.

Best advice I can give is before you go taking it to pieces get it in the air somehow and just turn the blades by hand, see if they are bent. Then start by removing the belt and then checking the bearings.

It does save a lot of hassle at first by doing what you can without removing the deck.

Cheers rich I used my poor mans 2 post ramp the skids on the trailer:001_rolleyes: hopefully its just needing the blades rest and il get some new ones ordered up as I need it working for next week

Cheers rich I used my poor mans 2 post ramp the skids on the trailer:001_rolleyes: hopefully its just needing the blades rest and il get some new ones ordered up as I need it working for next week

Ok. As htb said. If they will sharpen then do that, at least you will have a slightly worn spare set when the new ones arrive. :lol:

Don't forget to balance them aswell.

Crude way is with blades off check for balance with a nail or bolt horizontally through centre hole, if balanced blade shoud sit level. If not grind some more off the lowest side.

Any hints and tips on how I should balance them? As its all a bit new to me this sharpening lark

Crude way is with blades off check for balance with a nail or bolt horizontally through centre hole, if balanced blade shoud sit level. If not grind some more off the lowest side.

What he said. I have used a piece of flat steel clamped in a vice and lacked the middle of he blade, then placed it on that AFTER giving the edges a grind. Then continue grinding on the side that drops until it balances up.

Now of course I use a balancer and its really easy. It all depends on how much of a perfectionist you are, I'm anal about sharpening.