What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Ran up the five MS200Ts and tached to around 14Krpm, all were sound, at least 10 minutes of idle and revving the knackers off them so all good.

This is something I always do, one or two rogues still get through this test and then fail later but this test usually gives me some confidence that the saws will go out and work as intended - I do all I can do to ensure the saw is ready for work.

I would cut wood with them but even the wife doesn't burn that much on the log burner:lol:

Now on to the KM100 pole cutter. Got a good one so will try the carb off it on the bad one and see what happens:001_huh:

I've had a small issue with one of the 200t I done. It will rev like crazy and won't bog down exept it seems to be funny up the tree. Will always run perfectly on the ground no matter how long I run it or what I do with it on the deck. The moment it goes up it will play around.

The tickover seems a bit funny as it will increase in revs then die. Also be a pig to start, when its lowered down I will pull and it will fire almost instantly.

Hence why I was asking about the plug colours. Don't know if its just the low side that needs a tune. But on the ground it works fine.

Maybe d a tree surgeons can add to this and describe what happens up the tree......

Have called the other topper Lucy... As in juicy Lucy, it really gets through a tank of fuel quick when being used. Think it lasted about 45 mins with little cutting today. But was running all the time. Then it clonked out and sent down for a fuel up but wouldn't re start, soon found the plug was shot. New plug and it ran faultless all day.

Just need the new buffers.

The 034 is back again. Was being used logging last night and the problem returned. Just wouldn't run up when throttle pulled. Would only start on choke even when hot. Put a working carb on it this morning but no difference. Checked carb boot and impulse line they are all good. So it's now a pressure test.

Maybe Friday if the weather is crap.

Ran up the five MS200Ts and tached to around 14Krpm, all were sound, at least 10 minutes of idle and revving the knackers off them so all good.

This is something I always do, one or two rogues still get through this test and then fail later but this test usually gives me some confidence that the saws will go out and work as intended - I do all I can do to ensure the saw is ready for work.

I would cut wood with them but even the wife doesn't burn that much on the log burner:lol:

Now on to the KM100 pole cutter. Got a good one so will try the carb off it on the bad one and see what happens:001_huh:

I'll be keen to know how you get on with that KM Steve.

I've had a small issue with one of the 200t I done. It will rev like crazy and won't bog down exept it seems to be funny up the tree. Will always run perfectly on the ground no matter how long I run it or what I do with it on the deck. The moment it goes up it will play around.

The tickover seems a bit funny as it will increase in revs then die. Also be a pig to start, when its lowered down I will pull and it will fire almost instantly.

Hence why I was asking about the plug colours. Don't know if its just the low side that needs a tune. But on the ground it works fine.

Maybe d a tree surgeons can add to this and describe what happens up the tree......

Have called the other topper Lucy... As in juicy Lucy, it really gets through a tank of fuel quick when being used. Think it lasted about 45 mins with little cutting today. But was running all the time. Then it clonked out and sent down for a fuel up but wouldn't re start, soon found the plug was shot. New plug and it ran faultless all day.

Just need the new buffers.

The 034 is back again. Was being used logging last night and the problem returned. Just wouldn't run up when throttle pulled. Would only start on choke even when hot. Put a working carb on it this morning but no difference. Checked carb boot and impulse line they are all good. So it's now a pressure test.

Maybe Friday if the weather is crap.

Have you got the foam pad below the carb throat on that 200 thats scared of heights, Rich?

Have you got the foam pad below the carb throat on that 200 thats scared of heights, Rich?

I actually put one in there the other day. Guess that will be coming out then. :thumbup:

Now I'm kicking myself for it. Cheers gardenkit. :thumbup1:

And thanks all for the sticker link. Will be looking into that.

I actually put one in there the other day. Guess that will be coming out then. :thumbup:

Now I'm kicking myself for it. Cheers gardenkit. :thumbup1:

And thanks all for the sticker link. Will be looking into that.

NO, it should be there, or fuel can puddle in the inlet and cause surges when the saw is tipped. It was just a thought.

NO, it should be there, or fuel can puddle in the inlet and cause surges when the saw is tipped. It was just a thought.

:confused1:

Now that's even worse. The other topper hasn't got one in and it runs like a dream...

This could turn into cat and mouse.

Maybe I need to get myself up a tree with it and just let it hang there running and when it cuts out I can check it over.

Oh the joy of twiddly 200t's. how I do love those saws. :001_smile: