What's on your bench today?

spudulike

I use a ferrel for blocking the intake on the 200t. It's a perfect fit on almost any stihl saw aswell.

These. Comes in any size you need.

4pc Walking Stick Cane Black Rubber Ferrules End Bottom 12mm 16mm 19mm 22mm 25mm | eBay

saw these rich and they look ribbed - do they seal ok ?

cheers

mike

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikerecike

Quick one - what is that red ended thing you use to plug the carb hole when pressure testing - looks like the end of a garden hose??

I use the red rubber tapered bungs that are made for the home brewing market, being tapered they fit the full range of machines. Just dont do what i did first and buy a bag full of the type with the hole through the middle.

bought a couple cheers ray

Mike. They are on the outside but smooth inside. I use a jubilee clip but they do wear after a while so get through a couple.

Here is the 034 I'm working on. The carb is leaking on the gaskets so sorted them. Just need to fire it up and see what happens. No leak on meter valve.

image.jpg.8e34c42663a91f8e18632a7f0d14dea1.jpg

The 034 is fixed and running beautifully again. With a short bar its perfect for logging.

Started working on a 026 in the last hour of work. Exept this one is a secret personal project.

Got one more 200t to sort but waiting on a part for it. Then it's a good tune and test and away it goes.

The KL95 turned out to be a good one. It gave me a bit of a shock when I did the compression check before servicing, it was only 60 psi!.

But it started and ran fine, so I checked it again, still 60 psi but I knew this could not be right. I then used my trusty old Draper gauge instead of my nice new Sealey one. Now its spot on at 95 psi.

It just goes to show you can't rely solely on test equipment, its no substitute for experience. So the Sealey one is binned, and off to Halfords to buy a Gunson with my trade card.

After several event free services I came to a Huskie 142 which just would not behave itself. On these saws it is often the impulse seal which has split and this one was no exception.

P1000784.jpg.8ee7dca5db4fb32cdee6dbf70e8fa963.jpg