What's on your bench today?

spudulike

mikerecike-albums-mikespics-picture5756-20121124-135911.jpg

shocking bench I know

At least your bench is not upside down:001_smile:

As to the 032, if you are not used to bigger saws it may just be that the compressions normal, some of them can be quite hard, hence the use of decompressors on bigger engines. I,m not familiar with this model, does it have a sissy button?

If the saw starts but backfires or snatches the handle away then you could be right about the timing I guess, and the only thing to alter timing is the key, or the coil can effect timing if it breaks down internally.

Anyway, Spud will be along shortly, probably with a more concise answer.

One of my pics of a few days ago showed the tractors I was due to service on Friday. Well, I did not have a good day and only got the Stiga done.

But the JD's seemed to have bred by Friday evening.......

P1000700.jpg.289d7e9972cba62d382a78253b5ac80f.jpg

Got all the decks done this morning, start on the tractors Monday, they should go back to their owners on Wednesday before the next batch arrive.

If the saw has been running fine on the original oil until the exact point that the mix was changed then you have a few choices - Aspen is the one I am sure Gardenkit was trying to get out but held himself back:lol::lol:

You could go back to the original mix and would say try that for a day or two just to see if the saw falls back in to reliable running on the original mix.

If it works fine on the original oil then the saw may need a tweak to get it right on the new oil but it shouldn't mess up the running to that level.

As for four stroke Stihl hedge trimmers - they have a poor rep and most of the problems are down to the valve clearences going out and causing the idle and high speed running to play up. If the red mix is used correctly and the tool is kept tuned correctly then it shouldn't coke up that badly.

Personally........I would stick to the Stihl HP and tell the boss to use two stroke trimmers:thumbup:

Well on Thursday I went back to regular mix and the saw was running a treat! I had given it a good blow out on Tuesday evening, so maybe that helped.

I am back with the green contractor on Monday, so I will see how it runs with the green 2 Stroke oil again.

Well on Thursday I went back to regular mix and the saw was running a treat! I had given it a good blow out on Tuesday evening, so maybe that helped.

I am back with the green contractor on Monday, so I will see how it runs with the green 2 Stroke oil again.

Well at least that proves the saw is fine on typical Stihl HP mix, if it fouls up again on the green then personally I would stick to the red but am a bit baffled as to why the green should play up:confused1:

Gardenkit - just had an idea, an Arbtalk Grand Prix featuring those shiny JD mowers - look like new! Are they breeding??

Just back from holiday, 345 back together again with a new crank seal/bearing. Pressure and vac tested 100% perfect and drops much faster when the throttle is let off:thumbup: Just sorting the oil pinion and should be a good one!

Gardenkit - just had an idea, an Arbtalk Grand Prix featuring those shiny JD mowers - look like new! Are they breeding??

The camera lies, Steve. Sure, they have been washed, and the decks removed, but thats all. You should see them when I have finished with them, paint polished and tyres blacked:001_smile: