What's on your bench today?

spudulike

You guys are so polite:blushing::001_tt2:

I'm too tired to add any funny remarks.

There is one thing while your there spud. The boss is looking for a husky that you have in your profile picture. He is also looking to get it ported as a logging saw. If you know of any up for sale give us a shout please bud. :thumbup:

Thats a big one Barrie, I wouldn't be able to fit it on the bench and are you sure those mowers aren't the same ones:lol:

Rich - thats my 357XP, it has had a bit of tuning work done on it, if he can pick up a nice one, I can port it, got one on the shelf but think the Wolfman is wanting it or so Burrell says:thumbup1:

Wow all three guys answering at once lol! Thanks for the help guys, i seen some vids on youtube but would rather hear from the horses mouth. It brought up a reading of 140psi (MS200t referring back to page 158) and I tried a working carb from another ms200t and it idles all day long and revs up perfect. I guess it's as good as new?

Edited by AlvinD

The last job of the day was an MS200t which would start and die straight away.

Firstly a quick comp test...160psi, so all good.

Secondly.. a new plug, and give it a try. Success, it ran up and revved nicely, but it would not drop back to idle, a bit strange methinks. The LA screw made no difference, still running at about 5000rpm.

Air leak?? so removed rear AV screw and carb. took off the inlet manifold for inspection, but it was fine, and nice and soft around the collar still. Put it back on, but then noticed the impulse line was off the air box pipe.

Could this have been it I wondered, but no, surely it would not run at all with the impulse tube off. So I started it without the tube, and to my surprise it starts and runs fine, just wont drop on idle. Put the impulse tube back on and the idle drops to where it should be.

Put the old plug back, and once again it starts and stops straight away. New plug back in and perfect. So TWO faults at once, thats quite strange.

Tached it up, jobs a good un.

P1000718.jpg.21485666a635f8662de40a6ed817bd52.jpg

P1000720.jpg.20c48e0731339df3f520edf852906cf7.jpg

P1000723.jpg.c0b37030e619e6bfbbe6c3cb432d6077.jpg

P1000734.jpg.3869d1353a4880d900b3ef179947c7dc.jpg

Ah so that's how you get the inlet manifold back on easy :001_tt2: my ms200 was reading 130psi actually not 140 as I first thought. There is no exhaust gasket on it though would that explain a bit of a drop on psi possibly?

Sorry AlvinD, the absence of the exhaust gasket wont affect the comp. 130 is a little low, it should run, but not as well as it would on 160.

If you want it right you may have to re-piston it, or at least re-ring it, but you will need to strip it first to inspect it.

(Presuming your results are accurate)