What's on your bench today?

spudulike

whats on my mates bench, was, is my 090.

original ebay listing was " lack of fuel" so we presumed a bad set of carb gaskets etc. gasket came, took carb off to find some numpty had snapped the 6mm stud off in the cylinder head oh and not forgetting the same animal we presume had broken a tap in the top engine casing mounting hole in the fins and then there was the lack of spark no less from the points :mad1:

so my dad has taken the head to work to remove said items so we can move forward hopefully without further ado :001_smile:

but the pot n all looks in good condition so atleast they wont need replacing :thumbup1:

bewarned of ebay tools!!!!!!

s

There should be a parallel thread to this entitled "What is no longer on my bench as it is finally done". In my case 090 is now spot on - delayed while locating a 5/32" BSW tap, then ordering the fuel line and finally took a bit of fiddling to get the throttle cable right so it would settle to idle. The amount of oily sawdust was pretty staggering; it's an early one and I reckon there's 40+ yrs worth I've removed from behind the clutch drum.

Have also finally found time to change the impulse line on the 076 and treated it to a new plug at the same time. Might keep up with Martin's a bit better now:thumbup:

On to the next one. Probably better work out what's up with the 066.

Alec

I actually need to get myself a stihl chainsaw......

Was in need of a decent saw today and relised my old saw is just not reliable enough anymore. Never actually brought one just work on them.

So I'm gong to look for an ms260. Use one when working with d a tree surgeons and need to get one for myself. Either that or a nice 039 with a muffler mod. (Wink wink Andy)

Stripped down a 1976 stihl 051 which is in a condition that most sane people would right it off and throw away. Taken me longer to find/order new crank seals than to clean and strip it etc. 1 was easy to find (flywheel) as commonly used but the other a right pig to track down.

Seems leaving a chainsaw on a log pile outside for 2 years doesn't do them any favours...

I actually need to get myself a stihl chainsaw......

Was in need of a decent saw today and relised my old saw is just not reliable enough anymore. Never actually brought one just work on them.

So I'm gong to look for an ms260. Use one when working with d a tree surgeons and need to get one for myself. Either that or a nice 039 with a muffler mod. (Wink wink Andy)

I'd have thought you could cobble one together from all the bits you have

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App