What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Finished my 028av rebuild, it was a total strip clean and replace oil seals type job. Did it mainly to get a good understanding of how a 2 stroke works (i learn by doing) :001_smile:

having a good look at the piston and it would seem some kind person has ported it in the past, always did think it had more beans than other 028's. looked conservative compared to some pic ive seen but defiantly moded, wish id take a photo now.

anyway she is all back together and after a carb tweak starts on the button and is running sweet. i'll be selling this one so will get some photos and vid up soon to see if i can generate some interest :biggrin:

Im confident the rebuild has gone well but was looking at getting a pressure and vac tester will this one do?

Hand Held Pressure And Vacuum Pump Brake Bleeder Test Kit ( WBW Tools ) | eBay

anyone know of a cheaper one that will do the job?

Ric

In life, you get what you pay for, I got the brass bodied Sealey one and it is fantastic - has saved me hours of my time and found many faults in engines long before I would have without it - you wil need to give some thought about connecting it to an engine - you will see how I have done it in my images. £35 is a damn sight cheaper then the similar Stihl unit:thumbup:

The other side is the pressure check as the crankcase on a two stroke has positive and negative pressure and ceratin components show greater leakage under pressure or vacuum. Had one seal that was fine under pressure but leaked under vacuum. This vacuum gauge is an easier option of the two though!

Spud, That 200 your testing, shouldnt you assemble it and test the impulse line and the inlet manifold clamp aswell?

Well spotted, I wanted to rebuild it, the rubber boot was shot so tested it liek this as I didn't have a spare yet. Just picked up a new one so a little grease around it and the job will be a good one.

I would normally test as you have suggested - glad someone is keeping a close eye on the thread:thumbup:

Hey Steve, glad to see my "064.5" has made it onto youtube :D. cant wait to get my hands on it. Am thinking of getting the bar chromed and a nice green metallic flecked paint job, i think flames would be overkill though ;)

Stu.

look at the pics

the top of the piston goes up higher than the top of the squish

we turned the base of the pot lower than the squish so the piston would hit the top of the pot say

then turn the top of the piston so u get ur squish back i belive the squish is 0.55mm on that 357 was not going to put it back in the lathe to turn 0,05mm off the base of the pot

does that make sence

gives u a lot more compreshion