What's on your bench today?

spudulike

:lol:Hahaha

Had a funny one today. Customer with a 6 month old brushcutter bings it back.

"not too happy with this machine, runs for around 5 minutes then stops. Have to leave it for a while then it will go for another 5 minutes and stop. Been like this since just after I bought it, but I have been muddling on 5 minutes at a time. Sort the thing out will you? I do not expect to pay, as its warranty"

Thats OK sir, I will have a look, but TBH I have never had one of these machines behave like this, so I am a bit baffled"

"OK, I will leave it with you,.....oh! and by the way I lost the fuel cap the first time I used it, but luckily the top from the Aspen can fitted it perfectly. Dont bother to change it, its fine!"

At least it's an easy fix :lol: have you explained the cause of his problem yet?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Well it doesn't fit on the bench, but I wish it would.

My good old trusty land rover in the workshop. Decided I really need to get on with getting ready for an mot again.

Footwell are rotten, boot is rotten. Suspension bushes are gone.

So this morning I got on with the passenger side foot well as it's the one that needs less doing to it. Two hours later the last weld went on. Just one of those times that you start clearing the little bit of rust away and it just grows in front of your eyes. It now has three plates overlapping going from under and up the front.

Only just managed to do the morning as I had to drop some tools off and pick up the 660 that I repaired as my brazing weld came apart on the outlet. So need to re do it.

Was going to go back up but just didn't have the go in me. Thinking I might get the landy it's mot and then when I re tax it get rid of it. Just looking further forward and thinking that if it goes wrong will I be able to repair it.

I know already that I couldn't afford to get a garage to do any work on her.

Yup - thats what Barrie meant:thumbup:

In my ported 444SE video, you'll notice me opening the fuel cap between cut two and three because the fuel cap vent wasn't working right. ;) Some folks forget in smaller saws, many of them have the vent in the cap. On that particular 444SE, the bad vent leaned it out just enough to fry the motor, so she ended up in my hands for $20 and got ported to hell and back.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT8gmZRllrg]Husqvarna 444SE chainsaw. Ported, piston popped, timing advanced, 230PSI, carb bored 1mm - YouTube[/ame]

And that's with standard 3/8 72LP oregon chain on a 16" bar. None of that 325 nonsense ;)

You learn something new everyday, 2008 Ms240 in for a service, I thought all Ms240's had side adjusters and adjustable oil pumps. After a quick media cat check thinking that someone has put a 024 clutch side crankcase on it. It turns out they dont.

A day of mixed fortune, had a cracking start, one MS200T back together, ported and running well, a MS201 with running issues turned out to be a busted clutch spring, a bad running MS200T - carb clean in the cleaner and all good - all going well............

The 395XP I had repaired the spark plug hole failed:thumbdown: Bugger, I had suspected the repair might not last so have invested in taps and reamers to do the next size up and will do a repair when I get it back. This will be a carbon steel insert and will have more strength in it,

I take failure on repairs I do personally and am really hard on myself when things don't work out but always say - it is not initially important how you get in to trouble but how you get out of it and then you put in to place an action to resolve the issue for the customer and then resolve he issue for the next time it happens.

I will pick up the machine Tuesday and will get it repaired and out again for Thursday delivery and have more faith in the next repair I will do and the new kit I have purcahsed to do this sort of repair.

A day of mixed fortune, had a cracking start, one MS200T back together, ported and running well, a MS201 with running issues turned out to be a busted clutch spring, a bad running MS200T - carb clean in the cleaner and all good - all going well............

The 395XP I had repaired the spark plug hole failed:thumbdown: Bugger, I had suspected the repair might not last so have invested in taps and reamers to do the next size up and will do a repair when I get it back. This will be a carbon steel insert and will have more strength in it,

I take failure on repairs I do personally and am really hard on myself when things don't work out but always say - it is not initially important how you get in to trouble but how you get out of it and then you put in to place an action to resolve the issue for the customer and then resolve he issue for the next time it happens.

I will pick up the machine Tuesday and will get it repaired and out again for Thursday delivery and have more faith in the next repair I will do and the new kit I have purcahsed to do this sort of repair.

Can you take some pics

when you do the work pls

be interested in seeing it

cheers :thumbup:

Can you take some pics

when you do the work pls

be interested in seeing it

cheers :thumbup:

That was planned - I now have tha capabillity to do 16mm, 18mm and 3/4" inserts, I find drills snatch when opening up the original hole so have invested in expensive reamers to do the job by hand and two taps of each type so the thread is good and deep.

I am really pissed off it has failed but will do the re-repair for negligble costs as I don't agree for re-charging on failed repairs!