What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Just done a bit of research on the internet.

Seems there are a few places. And most people have just taken off what they could from the bulk head and undersealed the entire thing. Also put sealant around all the seals on servos and steering column.

Will give that a go after I have used a hose on it to see if it's obvious.

Edit. Can't be window seal eddy as they are resin sealed in, so no chance as the glass over laps the sealing area.

Anyway, actually returning to chainsaws! Did the starter cord on the 051, what a PITA, whole assembly needs taking off to fit, and it's a pig to relocate the rewind spring, then you've got to relocate 2 washers, the friction shoes, two more washers, then a spring, another washer then the smallest e-clip I've ever seen. 090 was cutting like a bag of shi.. checked chain, all sharp, checked depth gauges - untouched, so filed them down, and big bar is finally back! ImageUploadedByArbtalk1384635156.505513.jpg.717cc65c7f79118451d58d2408148e56.jpg need to get a chain after pay day!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Bar looks good eddy, done by a local fabricator I take it?

Not going to fit on the bench as such but also got a 13t excavator that will be needing new sprockets not the tracks.

Nearly a saw as they are sprockets, just about 50x the size of a chainsaw one. Should be nice and fun getting the tracks off. Guess this is where the 4 yrs in agri college will come in. And if I lose a finger or two I can then join the arb talk tech missing finger club.......:laugh1::laugh1::laugh1:

Bar looks good eddy, done by a local fabricator I take it?

Not going to fit on the bench as such but also got a 13t excavator that will be needing new sprockets not the tracks.

Nearly a saw as they are sprockets, just about 50x the size of a chainsaw one. Should be nice and fun getting the tracks off. Guess this is where the 4 yrs in agri college will come in. And if I lose a finger or two I can then join the arb talk tech missing finger club.......:laugh1::laugh1::laugh1:

Yeah done by a local bloke with a plasma cutter, even managed the oil holes! I just tidied it up with a dremel grind stone to remove the crappy edges, loads of sparks, my work area looked like a firework display!

Yeah, you could say an excavator is nearly a saw, it has a chain (tracks) but if you do lose a finger you'll have to develop a really good West Country accent!

Yeah done by a local bloke with a plasma cutter, even managed the oil holes! I just tidied it up with a dremel grind stone to remove the crappy edges, loads of sparks, my work area looked like a firework display!

Yeah, you could say an excavator is nearly a saw, it has a chain (tracks) but if you do lose a finger you'll have to develop a really good West Country accent!

I heard that!!!

And a vauxhall corsa, leaking when it rains into footwell.

All these except the tw are for Monday.

check the plastics are in the right place over the pollen filter, also feel the pollen filter to see if it is damp, usually this is the leaking issue.

the water runs onto the pollen filter and soaks through into the heater. :thumbup1:

chris

check the plastics are in the right place over the pollen filter, also feel the pollen filter to see if it is damp, usually this is the leaking issue.

the water runs onto the pollen filter and soaks through into the heater. :thumbup1:

chris

A think he said it was at the drivers side:001_tt2: the leak

Thats the little fecker - the later ones are stainless so don't wear but the early ones are plated brass and do. Should be OK unless the bore is worn.

That is if the pump is the real route cause:blushing::lol:

New pump cured the acceleration lag.

Bit of a fiddly job on these small carbs, I took the welch plugs out as well, they are small and a pig to get back in without the oval special punch.

Saw runs better now but still has a slight rev change if you rotate it in different orientations, will replace the main seals, could be caused by crankcase pressure variation, tiny leak from seals?

H-A