What's on your bench today?

spudulike

ahh still could be that or a split/missing gromet.

have fun finding it :lol:

chris

Don't even go there. :001_rolleyes:

It will be the first job I do in the morn, just to get it out the way. Half the battle will be removing all the bits. I did own one of these before it went bang a couple of years ago.

First job. Remove the carpets, then remove all the plastics under the window. Then look for obvious light coming through. Then start with the hose pipe and see what happens.

I'm hoping it's the plugs as the owner said it only happened in the heavy rain, but the light rain or car wash it didn't happen.

New pump cured the acceleration lag.

Bit of a fiddly job on these small carbs, I took the welch plugs out as well, they are small and a pig to get back in without the oval special punch.

Saw runs better now but still has a slight rev change if you rotate it in different orientations, will replace the main seals, could be caused by crankcase pressure variation, tiny leak from seals?

H-A

Sounds like it could be a crank leak, or possibly still carb/fuel problems

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Have fun :thumbup:

Was looking at spur sprockets for my 026, it's got a 7 tooth on it just now can I fit an 8 tooth? What's the difference (apart from 1 tooth)

Thanks

Faster chain speed but less power, and you'll need to turn the oiler up

Sounds like it could be a crank leak, or possibly still carb/fuel problems

I have ruled out carb fuel problems as it is running very well and constantly.

The change in revs is very slight,but you can hear it, the saw does not stall any more.

I am still thinking very slight crankcase leak, that changes with orientation and crank end float.

H-A

I have ruled out carb fuel problems as it is running very well and constantly.

The change in revs is very slight,but you can hear it, the saw does not stall any more.

I am still thinking very slight crankcase leak, that changes with orientation and crank end float.

H-A

There shouldn't be any end float on the crank as the bearings are a tight fit on the crank. Worth looking at the seals and worth seeing if leaning the L screw a little may help!

There shouldn't be any end float on the crank

All the 2 stroke engines I have looked at have a little end float in the crank.

Some have quite an alarming amount when they leave the factory.

I agree that radial play should be very minimal as the bearings are a close fit to the crank journals.

H-A

Don't even go there. :001_rolleyes:

It will be the first job I do in the morn, just to get it out the way. Half the battle will be removing all the bits. I did own one of these before it went bang a couple of years ago.

First job. Remove the carpets, then remove all the plastics under the window. Then look for obvious light coming through. Then start with the hose pipe and see what happens.

I'm hoping it's the plugs as the owner said it only happened in the heavy rain, but the light rain or car wash it didn't happen.

hmm... heavy rain, check the door fit and the seals around the doors too, seal on the door wiring looms as well can be a problem on the corsa.

good luck..

chris