What's on your bench today?

spudulike

I need a replacement cylinder and piston for another husqvarna 350 I got this week. I see kits on ebay from £36 to £75. some speak of being "closed port professional type" others nikasil coated and one which includes a meteor piston. would the more expensive ones be worth the extra. This being the most expensive

HUSQVARNA 350,346,351,353 CYLINDER & METEOR PISTON 44.3mm FOR PROFESSIONAL USE | eBay

Not sure, the guy selling it said it would need a service and was sold as spares or repair.

I am very pleased, now I just need a side cover chain brake, may treat it to a new one.

I would be wary and give it a proper going over before you put it to work, 99 times out of 100 the sellers know the problems but dont list them and just put spares or repairs as it covers a multitude of problems.

I would be wary and give it a proper going over before you put it to work, 99 times out of 100 the sellers know the problems but dont list them and just put spares or repairs as it covers a multitude of problems.

Yes I agree, but also how many saw users can't even tune their saws, or even change simple components when needed.

I will give it a good going over, ultrasonic the carb, carb kit, check for leaks.

This one will hold the idle at 2400, that is a good start.

It will also idle if you shake it up and down and turn it different orientations.

Fingers crossed.

H-A

Two MS200Ts finished and tested today, now got a few weeks fire wood - had to climb up a tree, lug my timber up and then cut it as you can't use these saws on the ground:001_rolleyes::lol:

One was a 2006 that had seized, cleaned the cylinder, fitted an OEM piston that was in good nick and dropped the base gasket. measured 210psi cold - highest comp ever:thumbup: It really goes well, tested on hawthorn, ash and elm - all hard and seasoned - very nice.

The other one wouldn't idle at all, I had already refurbed it a few months earlier, took the carb apart and it tested out just fine so did the accelerator pump mod and all is good again, steady idle and top end - tested for 30 mins and fine.

180psi is fine, sounds like it has run very little.

210 psi is sweet, but then sometimes the smaller engines are higher compression to give good power.

guys, when you have a good brand saw in for work and you have the bar and chain off, could you please measure the bar slot and chain drive teeth for me.

digi calipers would be fine if you have them...:thumbup: thanks in advance..

chris

180psi is fine, sounds like it has run very little.

210 psi is sweet, but then sometimes the smaller engines are higher compression to give good power.

guys, when you have a good brand saw in for work and you have the bar and chain off, could you please measure the bar slot and chain drive teeth for me.

digi calipers would be fine if you have them...:thumbup: thanks in advance..

chris

Yes - 150psi on a well used but healthy MS200, typically 170psi on a little used low hours one.

What was the bit about bar slots and teeth - I am guessing you want the diameter of the bar stud......for which saw and the teeth:confused1:

What are you trying to achieve?

Two MS200Ts finished and tested today, now got a few weeks fire wood - had to climb up a tree, lug my timber up and then cut it as you can't use these saws on the ground:001_rolleyes::lol:

One was a 2006 that had seized, cleaned the cylinder, fitted an OEM piston that was in good nick and dropped the base gasket. measured 210psi cold - highest comp ever:thumbup: It really goes well, tested on hawthorn, ash and elm - all hard and seasoned - very nice.

The other one wouldn't idle at all, I had already refurbed it a few months earlier, took the carb apart and it tested out just fine so did the accelerator pump mod and all is good again, steady idle and top end - tested for 30 mins and fine.

Hi steve. What page can i find the accellerator pump mod on?

Cheers chris

Hi steve. What page can i find the accellerator pump mod on?

Cheers chris

It is somewhere on this site on the cahinsaw section and I think on this thread also - it is basically taking the thing out and then sealing it back in with epoxy or some just take the plug out of the back and just seal that but personally do both as taking the pump spring out relieves tension on the throttle valve shaft and prevents wear.