What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Its ok, all fixed now. Usual story, brought in as a rush job, total failure, client upstairs screaming his head off. Turned out to be fuel starvation, good clean out and some mods, now it runs beautifully at 13,600 rpm. Not very soothing though, but thats not really a problem as the client fell asleep before I could reassemble it.

Its ok, all fixed now. Usual story, brought in as a rush job, total failure, client upstairs screaming his head off. Turned out to be fuel starvation, good clean out and some mods, now it runs beautifully at 13,600 rpm. Not very soothing though, but thats not really a problem as the client fell asleep before I could reassemble it.

Now that's what I like to hear, a happy customer, or they just got bored of waiting for the contractor to finish the works.

Next they will want a discount for waiting so long. :001_rolleyes:

Ahhh - nice one dad - does he want it ported, reckon I could get those batteries lasting longer:001_rolleyes::lol:

Got an FS480 which had its HT "boot" knocked off on a rights of way clearance job. The boot was fitted back on but i think there is a dodgy earth as every now and then whoever is using it gets an electric shock similar to an electric fence zap. Will be replacing the boot at the top looked like it was pierced so water may have got in. But other than that any other ideas what is causing the shocks?

Got an FS480 which had its HT "boot" knocked off on a rights of way clearance job. The boot was fitted back on but i think there is a dodgy earth as every now and then whoever is using it gets an electric shock similar to an electric fence zap. Will be replacing the boot at the top looked like it was pierced so water may have got in. But other than that any other ideas what is causing the shocks?

To may find the bit that connects to the plug inside the boot isn't pierced into the ht lead properly. It will be jumping a gap inside and most of the power will transfer through the lead and earth out.

If the bit isn't pierced into the ht lead properly it will give a good jolt on its way to earth.

Sounds like you are already there, either the metal part that fits to the spark plug is now exposed or the metal connector has been pulled out of the HT wire and if you get close to it, you get HT leakage giving a ZAP:thumbdown:

Easy enough to fit a new one, go the other way through the HT cable with the spur on the connector and a little oil helps pulling the metal connector through the rubber cap.