What's on your bench today?

spudulike

It goes like stink. Just run it up the road, can't believe how fast it was. Of course its too old to have a restriction in it, and if it did it would have been a block bolted into the throttle housing that acts like a rev limiter.

This is does not have.

So starting Monday its getting stripped down, some welding to do with the exhaust, indicator to put weld back on at the bracket broke.

And other than sanding and painting the parts to start with. Then it will be everything after to bring it back to a good looking machine.

Not sure I'm going to chrome the exhaust again, might just give it some custom paint.

The wheels are being chromed but that might just be it.

And theres me thinking you had purchased a Cossack Motorcycle Combination for you and the better half:lol:

Is tha an MZ I se before me? I remember those in the old days - smelly old two strokes with exhausts like the one of a stove:001_tt2:

Get a cheap expansion and slap it on, a bit of porting, if it has reeds then get those sorted and it should go a bit better - good luck with the Eastern Bloc Beast:thumbup:

And theres me thinking you had purchased a Cossack Motorcycle Combination for you and the better half:lol:

Is tha an MZ I se before me? I remember those in the old days - smelly old two strokes with exhausts like the one of a stove:001_tt2:

Get a cheap expansion and slap it on, a bit of porting, if it has reeds then get those sorted and it should go a bit better - good luck with the Eastern Bloc Beast:thumbup:

Oh yes.

I don't need to do anything to the engine spud, its all good. Ordered some parts that I need last night.

Oh yes.

I don't need to do anything to the engine spud, its all good. Ordered some parts that I need last night.

Port it, it can never have too much speed and power, unless you tweak it enough to do 100mph in first

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Anyone got a 066/MS660/MS650 crank in working order out there? It must be the 10mm flywheel end type though!

Got a saw that needs a bit of TLC and will recompense in greenbacks or servicing in return:thumbup:

Now that sound terrifyingly familiar, bringing back some nasty memories.

FYI. I got my crank from Greece was cheap enough and that's the only cheapo bit thats still running.

Now that sound terrifyingly familiar, bringing back some nasty memories.

FYI. I got my crank from Greece was cheap enough and that's the only cheapo bit thats still running.

Cheers Bob, yup, same problem, picked up a saw with a bent crank and the top end gone through the plating, got a decent top end and was hoping to find an OEM crank but good to know the aftermarket ones are OK.

Was going to strip it but was talked in to fixing it by my mate Burrell:001_rolleyes:

........sorry, ex mate :lol:

So your gonna need him to bake a few cakes to make amends here

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

He does bake a damn good cake, his Christmas cake was stonking, the last fruit cake could have done with less baking but was still pretty good....Martin, if you are reading, time to get a lump of cake down to me:thumbup:

I did land him up with a load of milling he wasn't too sure about recently though:blushing::lol:

Well that was a waste of time.

I must learn not to go out on a Saturday night and rush a quick job in.

Ts400 pot and piston turned up today so after doing all the family stuff today thought I would just go and pop it on.

All went well fitting, no problems there. The saw started really well, run for a minute then stopped dead, pulled it over and could hear the fatal sound of ting ting ting, great.

Took exhaust off, rings are fine. Looked into plug hole and could see pitting. So then the swearing started.

Took it apart again and yanked to pot off, the piston was badly scored on the transfer port side, only one side, the score goes from the top ridge of the piston right through to the bottom. The intake skirt is also scored.

The scoring on the transfer side of the piston is not consistent with a snagged ring, as it goes through the rings, and the amount of bits on the top of the piston that fell out where too much for a bit of ring and piston.

So after checking my parts left over in the tray there was a gudgeon clip missing, so this must have been in the crank case on refitting. And got sent up the ports.

This saw was given to me so there is nothing lost by a customer, but if it was there is no change in procedure, another pot and piston to order, just have to take the hit.

Lesson very badly learnt, never ever ever go and rush a quick job in, I can't believe I didn't check the left over parts tray before I started the saw, its lesson 101 for crying out loud....

So let the slating begin, go on I know I deserve it.....