What's on your bench today?

spudulike

A regular picked up two mower blades that I had in tonight, also dropped off a hs45 hedgecutter.

Was using it and heard a ting ting ting then it stopped dead, wouldn't pull over either.

Jammed solid.

Took plug out no change, took exhaust off and barrel and piston was fine.

Removed engine and the clutch assembly fell out. Spring had broken and jammed itself in there, caused some damage to the casing but nothing dramatic.

New clutch will be ordered in the morning.

image.jpg.e8d76a7f38af44b83bc69cdcf42f47f5.jpg

now that's why we should all take are stuff back to a stihl dealer

SO THEY CAN SELL U A NEW PRODUCT :sneaky2::sneaky2::sneaky2:

rather than fix the one u have

i no not all dealers are like this i think a big % are

good service again spud :thumbup: was it the nice 032 u had

Thats the one, very clean for its age and runs well!

Husky 266se.Picked it up last week with a couple of lawnflite mowers.On the face of it, 25 quid as part of haggling.

Its been unused for a few years but the chap had put a lot of oil on the bar and brand new chain and drained the fluids.It will fire, but wont run for any length of time.In good order apart from this.Very clean inside and out.Plenty of comp, so i think it probably needs a carb rebuild.

Not all dealers, there are good and bad in everything.

To be fair with this case, there are not many dealer mechanics left who have actually seen a set of points:biggrin:

Are you calling me old Barrie:bluboomteamenforcer Bad man.....that makes two of us old boy.

Grew up with points, feeler gauges and strobe timing light:thumbup:

Not all dealers, there are good and bad in everything.

To be fair with this case, there are not many dealer mechanics left who have actually seen a set of points:biggrin:

true iv had bad service form stilh dealers like overs

good part about my dealer is if I want parts form the shop the old store bloke is good

he will even email stihl for parts that ent on the parts for sale list

we had luck doing this before now cant fault that

Are you calling me old Barrie:bluboomteamenforcer Bad man.....that makes two of us old boy.

Grew up with points, feeler gauges and strobe timing light:thumbup:

Pity you didn't help with my question about points a while back! Trial, error and a knackered shoulder to get them sorted :( you think the kick off that 066 red eye was bad, try an 090!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

The owner is a happy man and he should be for the work I have done and the small price I am charging, got to be fair though as it was one I sold him - fault showed up a few months later but should be all good now:thumbup:

Fair point that.