What's on your bench today?

spudulike

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::001_tongue::biggrin::laugh1:

I've got to say. That's all brilliant. Having a right good laugh.

Yes chain is on backwards. No that's not me, that would be D A tree surgeons wearing his wife's knickers. Wait til he reads that bit.:lol::lol:

He not going to hear the end of it.

Oh and the chain being on backwards is me :blushing::blushing:

I was trying to save the trees.

Swapped the bar from a big bar to a smaller bar in the morn for a job. It was spotted before it was used. :lol::lol:

And nothing wrong with that colour on a 088. :thumbup::thumbup1:

My excuse was I had a motorbike problem filling my head when I changed the bar.........

That's my excuse.

if you dont wear your wifes knickers

this could happen:thumbup1:

photo.jpg.46f1b59df981b96791a14b31b3aa96f5.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::001_tongue::biggrin::laugh1:

I've got to say. That's all brilliant. Having a right good laugh.

Yes chain is on backwards. No that's not me, that would be D A tree surgeons wearing his wife's knickers. Wait til he reads that bit.:lol::lol:

He not going to hear the end of it.

Oh and the chain being on backwards is me :blushing::blushing:

I was trying to save the trees.

Swapped the bar from a big bar to a smaller bar in the morn for a job. It was spotted before it was used. :lol::lol:

And nothing wrong with that colour on a 088. :thumbup::thumbup1:

My excuse was I had a motorbike problem filling my head when I changed the bar.........

That's my excuse.

Hang on, you, the stihl techie, fitted the chain on reverse?! I'm never sending you a stihl to fix! :lol: oh dear rich, you need a holiday! I hope D A didn't pay for your services on that saw!?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Hang on, you, the stihl techie, fitted the chain on reverse?! I'm never sending you a stihl to fix! :lol: oh dear rich, you need a holiday! I hope D A didn't pay for your services on that saw!?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

:lol::lol::lol:

I know I know. It's that damn 088, I've done it more than once....

Too much going on in the head. Also when I pulled the bigger bar off I found a crack in it. Right next to the bar stud slot. So that set my mind away from actually putting the chain on the right way round.

D a doesn't pay for my time if I do any saw fix if I'm not grounding for him. Mutual benefit for some workshop space and the use of a trailer now and again. :thumbup:

Dave I must say that's what happens when you don't concentrate when using a log splitter. Must have been in holiday mode..... :lol::lol::biggrin:

:lol::lol::lol:

I know I know. It's that damn 088, I've done it more than once....

Too much going on in the head. Also when I pulled the bigger bar off I found a crack in it. Right next to the bar stud slot. So that set my mind away from actually putting the chain on the right way round.

D a doesn't pay for my time if I do any saw fix if I'm not grounding for him. Mutual benefit for some workshop space and the use of a trailer now and again. :thumbup:

Dave I must say that's what happens when you don't concentrate when using a log splitter. Must have been in holiday mode..... :lol::lol::biggrin:

More like his wife found out and had a go with the carving knife:lol::lol:

Right i need help again. I was given a 262xp as gift ages ago iv cleaned it up fixed the problem it had when i was given it (seized). Today i fueled it took awhile to start due to it was sat in a shed for years turned it off as it wasn't oiling then tried to start it and wouldn't start as the pull start wasn't engaging the flywheel. Turns out the key in the flywheel has sheared off :thumbdown: so it wont turn the piston. So does anyone know where i can get a new flywheel for a 262xp i don't need asap as its a project saw as iv got my 357xp final working :biggrin:

The key is for location purposes only. You should be able to line your flywheel up and tighten to the correct spec and away you go.

I would be careful if you do this, doing the flywheel nut up tends to turn the crank clockwise and knock the ignition timing out - using a piston stop and locking the flywheel in place helps especially if you mark the flywheel and crankcase with the correct flywheel position once the crank is locked.

Just don't ask me how I know:lol:

New acquisition

Don't know much about this saw - 020AVP Super Electronic 'professional'. Missing a clutch cover and bar stud and I dare say a few other bits. Any opinions on this saw? Has compression (not measured yet) and a decent spark.

Have read that the engine is a bit of a monkey to get to? Is that what you mean Spud when you talk about a clam shell design?

Is that a chain brake mechanism? If so how does it work?

Any other look out for this's appreciated.

mikerecike-albums-mikespics-picture6664-phonepics1.jpg

how do i get to the carb on this bleeding saw?

surely i don't have to take the whole recoil side off and split the petrol tank in half? would i need a new petrol tank gasket? what's the technique for splitting it when the 2 end screws are out and the carb nuts are off?

if any one has a service manual link for this as opposed to the 020t i'd jump with joy

how do i get to the carb on this bleeding saw?

surely i don't have to take the whole recoil side off and split the petrol tank in half? would i need a new petrol tank gasket? what's the technique for splitting it when the 2 end screws are out and the carb nuts are off?

if any one has a service manual link for this as opposed to the 020t i'd jump with joy

I think you have to split it but not at the tank, pull the engine out the side and the carb comes with it, there's a hidden bolt down by the exhaust somewhere and possibly another elsewhere.. Been a while since I did it! The handle will have to come off though. I'm sure spud or one of the big guys will point you in the right direction..!

I think you have to split it but not at the tank, pull the engine out the side and the carb comes with it, there's a hidden bolt down by the exhaust somewhere and possibly another elsewhere.. Been a while since I did it! The handle will have to come off though. I'm sure spud or one of the big guys will point you in the right direction..!

Did one of these once - infuriating design, I think you have to remove the carb nuts under the small carb cover and then split the cases as Owen said - not the crankcases but split the two rear covers and yes, I think there was a hidden nut above the cylinder but don't hold me to it. Just go careful and don't be tempted to use a big screw driver - just make sure all the screws are out before separating the cases.

Think the German engineers were taking the piss with this one:blushing::001_rolleyes::lol: