What's on your bench today?

spudulike

The pressure test will prove the needle valve is fine - it may still pass with the metering arm or gaskets being incorrect - these are the typical faults of overfuelling - I am taking the H&L screws are set correctly?

Thanks Spud - thats helpful - will double check gaskets and metering arm - yes fuel seemed to be pouring out (misting from cylinder) even with both fully closed - otherwise I set them for starters at 1 turn each.

Was just wondering this isn't one of those carbs like the ms200t one that has that accellerator pump that can malfunction?? It's a C1Q DM9A 2BA.

Ta

The pressure test will prove the needle valve is fine - it may still pass with the metering arm or gaskets being incorrect - these are the typical faults of overfuelling - I am taking the H&L screws are set correctly?

Spud: DONATELife is tough but it's tougher when you're stupid

If you liked the advice or it saved you money, how about making a donation to Arbtalk - scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the donate button

Where is the donate button - can't find it - I reckon I'm in debit at the mo!

That's it the quad bike is out of my hair. Put new spark plug in it and it roared into life.

Got yet another 200t in today. Usual running problems. Will fire up on choke just about run on tickover and die when trigger pulled. Swapped the carb for working one and same thing.

Will pressure test tomorrow just to make sure but its pointing towards the crank bearings and seals. Best get an order in.

Spud: DONATELife is tough but it's tougher when you're stupid

If you liked the advice or it saved you money, how about making a donation to Arbtalk - scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the donate button

Where is the donate button - can't find it - I reckon I'm in debit at the mo!

Bugger:blushing: the "Donate" button has gone - guess Steve must have deleted it in the site revamp - looks like I will need to change my signature:001_rolleyes::lol:

Thanks Spud - thats helpful - will double check gaskets and metering arm - yes fuel seemed to be pouring out (misting from cylinder) even with both fully closed - otherwise I set them for starters at 1 turn each.

Was just wondering this isn't one of those carbs like the ms200t one that has that accellerator pump that can malfunction?? It's a C1Q DM9A 2BA.

Ta

Look at the back of the carb where the choke valve is if there is a small aluminum oval plug there, it has a pump but believe you are OK with your carb - same model but different type.

Whip off the side cover off, the one that covers the flywheel (NOT recoil starter side - try to move the flywheel up and down and side to side by pushing it and NOT rotating it.

I would suspect the crank bearings have expired and the flywheel is now clouting the coil - got two like that in my collection :thumbdown:

It should have zero play in it!

If this isn't the case then remove the muffler (3 bolts) and look at the piston through the exhaust port - it it has many vertical lines and gouges in it it is knackered - Seized:thumbdown:

Cheers spud,

It's not my machine it's one we use at work, just wondered incase he was going to bin it would it be worth taking home and attempting a repair.

I bought the 630 super 2 from rich on here a couple of weeks ago,

Very pleased with it, good saw.

Reckon it's about 20yrs old. What's the story with it, how did you come across it?

Just curious!

Cheers Mull.

Cheers spud,

It's not my machine it's one we use at work, just wondered incase he was going to bin it would it be worth taking home and attempting a repair.

I bought the 630 super 2 from rich on here a couple of weeks ago,

Very pleased with it, good saw.

Reckon it's about 20yrs old. What's the story with it, how did you come across it?

Just curious!

Cheers Mull.

The saw was an ebay find, it ran but screamed on idle - found the seal was shot on the clutch side - cleaned it up and it was that clean, I thought I would keep it and then tuned up a 357XP so thought I would sell it - just got too many saws:001_rolleyes:

I only used it a couple of times but it ran well, lots of grunt and a nice machine! They have a damn good rep as a good solid saw!

Update on the 076 and its great news so far. Managed to retrive the stupid plastic piston stop by removing the exhaust which was interesting and placed an old piece of prussik cord to stop the piston and swapped the sprocket. Pull cord needed attention as the catch was not quite engaging to pull it over. Just need to make a chain and she is ready to rumble. gonna put a 30" bar and a friend has challenged me to race with his 395xp with a 36" bar so should be fun. So thanks to your help guys intersting as ever and will always keep me eyes on the thread

Rebuilding an ms200t, looking to replace crankcase gasket/ bearings and seals while I have it down this far. It hasn't been leakdown tested but it is old so I just wanted everything to be fresh and 100%.

Anyway, the crankcase is a bollock to split and with out any tools I am stumped as to split it with out damaging it. Anyone kindly share any techniques they have?

Rebuilding an ms200t, looking to replace crankcase gasket/ bearings and seals while I have it down this far. It hasn't been leakdown tested but it is old so I just wanted everything to be fresh and 100%.

Anyway, the crankcase is a bollock to split and with out any tools I am stumped as to split it with out damaging it. Anyone kindly share any techniques they have?

Kick it accross the workshop floor. :lol::lol::lol::lol: no don't do this.