What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Hope you had a good holiday Steve.

Sorry that you had to come back to my trimmers.

Well it's all good news on the Husky and the Stihl HS86, both pretty much ready, just got to tach them and get them a bit hot!

Started on the KM100,hope to get it running but no idea if it will last on past history - bloody thing:001_rolleyes:

Holiday - that was fine, had a good break!:thumbup:

Seeing a certain bench on this thread and having lots of theoretical time on my hands. I have started to sort out the workshop/junkstore at my Dads place that I use.:blushing:

I plan on getting about ten years of projects finished. A nearly new mountfield lawnmower my brother in law gave me, because he shoved it under hedge and lost the mechanisms off the carb. I discovered a stihl cut off saw TS 510 ( 2 actually )buried under trash on a bench in many many pieces. I have downloaded a service pdf manual for this but need a parts exploded diagram ideally. Any pointers?

Shelves need to go up. A part finished tipping trailer for a compact tractor. The jacks mentioned earlier in this thread. A slurry tanker that needs finishing. Plus many more treasures waiting to be discovered no doubt. Will try to post of the more interesting pictures.

My intentions are good, honestly:001_rolleyes:

Seeing a certain bench on this thread and having lots of theoretical time on my hands. I have started to sort out the workshop/junkstore at my Dads place that I use.:blushing:

I plan on getting about ten years of projects finished. A nearly new mountfield lawnmower my brother in law gave me, because he shoved it under hedge and lost the mechanisms off the carb. I discovered a stihl cut off saw TS 510 ( 2 actually )buried under trash on a bench in many many pieces. I have downloaded a service pdf manual for this but need a parts exploded diagram ideally. Any pointers?

Shelves need to go up. A part finished tipping trailer for a compact tractor. The jacks mentioned earlier in this thread. A slurry tanker that needs finishing. Plus many more treasures waiting to be discovered no doubt. Will try to post of the more interesting pictures.

My intentions are good, honestly:001_rolleyes:

I guess that would be my bench then. :lol::lol::lol:

I guess that would be my bench then. :lol::lol::lol:

Mine has much more tat on it, not magnetic though:001_tt2: I probably have more reason to be embarrassed because I reckon our :workshop is probably 8x7 metres and it all looks the same. The bench with the stihlsaws was an old science lab bench from school complete with gas taps, due to the clutter it hasn't been used for 7yrs or more.

Anyway I cleared stihl bits in to a crate and removed gas taps on sunday and had space to work today when my 357xp starter rope snapped.

Feeling the benefit already and havn't started yet!:icon1:

Not on my bench stictly speaking [that's covered in 'T' saws at the moment :001_rolleyes:] but my boss has an MS240 which he ran on a home brew 2 stroke mix of petrol and 20w50 engine oil.... needless to say it's shot.... He was convinced it wasn't because it runs, but it's a gutless POS and sounds like a bag of nails.... compression tested it last night for him..... 60 psi... :001_rolleyes:

He's already bought a pot & piston from GHS for it [not a great one though I must say], so I took it apart to force him to fit it!! :001_tongue::laugh1:

Back from holiday, fixed the fence that had blown down - why can't contractors build the concrete up the post to stop the soil working round th ething, geting wet then rotting the end???? Grrrrrrr

Got the 345 back together and now runs nicely, just needs taching.

Sharpened and tested the 325 Husky hedge trimmer which started second pull and works well.

Got a HS86 trimmer in that won't prime or start, stuck the carb in the US cleaner for 12 hrs and all is well, started very easily and idles, revs just fine.

Started work on the KM100 Stihl four stroke pole cutter - bad idle and doesn't rev well, took the valve gear apart to have a look for wear - looks OK but will take a closer look soon - surprised by the nylon cam - would have thought this doesn't help maintaining the valve clearences being more prone to wear than chromed metal.

Hi all

Thinking of investing in an US cleaner and contemplating a new tach (currrently have a 3 quid chinese tiny tach thing - it may be spot on - dunno??).

Any guidance recommendation for a US cleaner for carbs and a decent tach (if worth it - opinion canvassed)

Does a US cleaner mean you don't use carb cleaner - what's the reason for using one?

Many thanks

At least your bench is not upside down:001_smile:

As to the 032, if you are not used to bigger saws it may just be that the compressions normal, some of them can be quite hard, hence the use of decompressors on bigger engines. I,m not familiar with this model, does it have a sissy button?

If the saw starts but backfires or snatches the handle away then you could be right about the timing I guess, and the only thing to alter timing is the key, or the coil can effect timing if it breaks down internally.

Anyway, Spud will be along shortly, probably with a more concise answer.

Thanks gardenkit.

I was the sissy! Thanks for the answer - gave me the motivation to give it another pull and as it was happening with the spark plug disconnected I guessed it wasn't a coil issue - a couple of grin and bear it pulls and she fired up beautifully. If you're only used to smallish saws it's another league - getting the feel. Anyway after running it seems to have gotten easier - maybe just standing for years caused the resistance. thanks.

On same saw the chain is running at an idle of 1200rpm according to my tiny tach - manual says it shouldnt turn untill 3000ish rpm - does this mean the clutch needs attention? worn springs?

thanks folks