What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Not knocking your ability Eddy so please don't take it the wrong way mate.

We all seem to get runs of bad luck with something or another at some stage.

Theres a fine line of tolerance on those grooves I would imagine and to the eye it would be hard to tell a bad one if the circlip fitted ok.

As you say you can get a good Chinese piston but then ive heard a few ppl have had issues with meteors in 394's so you pay your money and take your chance.

I actually like and use some of the Chinese copy carbs, never had an issue with one and on the more basic stuff which you would get just one or two screws for adjustment the copys give you all three so you can tune them much nicer. :thumbup1:

Curious about chinese carbs wise.the cost of a set of dias/gaskets can be more than chinese carb from what i remember.where do you buy and do you have a reference table for ie walbro or zama to chink.cheers.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Arbtalk mobile app

Curious about chinese carbs wise.the cost of a set of dias/gaskets can be more than chinese carb from what i remember.where do you buy and do you have a reference table for ie walbro or zama to chink.cheers.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Arbtalk mobile app

Half the reason I started buying them, as you say a gasket kit can be as much as a new carb.

All I can say is ive never had a bad one or one that's difficult to tune up. If you go for one with the full 3 screw set up then obviously you may have to fiddle a bit or drill an extra hole for adjustment purposes if the saw didn't have it originally.

They tend to be available for the more common saws. I tend to use ebay and use a couple of sellers who have always been reliable and ive never had an issue with and usually end up having them in my hand in a week or so.

What saw is it your thinking of a carb for?

Can the fuel tank breathers stick open?

Fuels been dribbling out of my tank breather on my 201t.... also it has started using loads more fuel recently.... usage up by at least 50-60 percent more fuel being used!

Air filter doesn't look to good... suppose there is only so much you can clean these type filters?

will have to investigate saw further!

At last, the last set of hedge cutters has left the building. Sick to death of sharpening these blades. Im thinking of investing in a USG with hedge cutter attachment, has anyone got one or used one as to how good they are?

At last, the last set of hedge cutters has left the building. Sick to death of sharpening these blades. Im thinking of investing in a USG with hedge cutter attachment, has anyone got one or used one as to how good they are?

I usually use a dremmel with a diamond burr, I get a very sharp edge but the grinder would correct mauled edges better - not used one, don't get enough in to buy one!