What's on your bench today?

spudulike

I reckon I am in with a chance Justin. Do you pay travelling to and from work, or will I have to move?

Seriously though, I hope you get the right guy (or girl). Not many good ones around.

Yup, that M25 journey would be a killer each day.

I think that the yoooofff of today need an app to do anything and not found one to fix a typical mower, strimmer or saw yet!

Good luck with the quest:thumbup:

Yup, that M25 journey would be a killer each day.

I think that the yoooofff of today need an app to do anything and not found one to fix a typical mower, strimmer or saw yet!

Good luck with the quest:thumbup:

Ehem, I'm younger than you pair (much) and I don't use an app... Other than arbtalk or YouTube...

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Hi All

For all you lovers of fixing stuff, if you know anyone that fancies the below drop me a PM.

We need a Mechanic!

Duties will include:

- Servicing and repairing all types of garden machinery

- Serving customers and booking machines in for service/repair

- Delivering and demonstrating new machines to customers

- Assembling, running and preparing machines for sale

The right person will:

- Have experience working with a range of garden machinery

- Have basic PC skills and be confident to learn the in-house invoicing system

- Know how to use a computer-based parts lookup system (experience of Stihl MediaCat, Barrus Dial, Husqvarna systems would be advantageous)

- Have a clean driving licence (will be required to drive company van)

- Have a good telephone manner and customer service skills

You will join a growing family-run company of 18 based in Sydenham, South-East London.

Salary will be based on skills and experience.

Email us your CV if you're interested: [email protected]

Ok second time I've seen this. Think I might get a cv made up. Just got to work the PC again. Last time it went for a diving lesson. :lol::lol:

Typically Barrie, you are spot on but the MS200 uses a crank bearing that has no inner ball race and is like a roller bearing with cylindrical rollers in just an outer race. The bearing went completely tits up and ground a slot out of the crankshaft that looked like original machining to me but obvious once assembled with new bearings or when compared to a good shaft!

I should have asked our Fountain of all knowledge - AKA Rich but he was contemplating his navel fluff whilst sitting on the bog - so his other half said:lol:

I just made that bit up:blushing::lol:

That it. I'm checking my bathroom for cameras.....:biggrin:

Been having a tinkering day today, and I've fitted a spare 16" bar onto my 660! I may have taken the rakers down a little more than you're supposed to...!

[ATTACH]152327[/ATTACH]

Make sure you're gonna use PPE if you plan to use it on that trampoline.

Here's my ported 2177 running rakers at about .055 on an 18" bar in seasoned maple.