anyone having problems with the new 560xp

Stu

Thats nasty - maybe the clutch has been damaged when being removed in the past - never seen one of those before, will look out for a cover on ebay etc.

This Saturday may be OK, Sunday I will probably be up at SN watching the Grass Track racing! Is Martin OK with Sat?

Sorry to hijack he thread - perhaps we should do this via PM:blushing:

awesome saw after being a stihl lover for some years I've walked to the dark side and traded my soul for husqvarna, brilliant piece of kit to have in your grasp. but yes I've been having problems with mine starting after a period of running hot I found the same problem with a 550 spanking new out the box, I'm told there is a problem with the carbs that are being worked on the now :001_smile:

awesome saw after being a stihl lover for some years I've walked to the dark side and traded my soul for husqvarna, brilliant piece of kit to have in your grasp. but yes I've been having problems with mine starting after a period of running hot I found the same problem with a 550 spanking new out the box, I'm told there is a problem with the carbs that are being worked on the now :001_smile:

I had one of the first 2011 560s . Mine died in the cut when worked hard and was a pig to start when warm/hot. I was told there was an updated carb . I had one fitted under warranty and it cured the hot start but not the shutting down in the cut . Sooo they sent it back and sent me a loan saw which is also 2011 saw. yet to try it but they said if its ok then to keep it . As I understand it all 2012 saws are fine . Would like to know if yours is a 2011 or a 2012 ? could you check ? Ta.

I had one of the first 2011 560s . Mine died in the cut when worked hard and was a pig to start when warm/hot. I was told there was an updated carb . I had one fitted under warranty and it cured the hot start but not the shutting down in the cut . Sooo they sent it back and sent me a loan saw which is also 2011 saw. yet to try it but they said if its ok then to keep it . As I understand it all 2012 saws are fine . Would like to know if yours is a 2011 or a 2012 ? could you check ? Ta.

hey stubby i was also told this too but a bought mine just over a month ago and believe its a 2012 model how do a check for year of saw a can't see any clear i,d. I'm taken mine back in next week to see if owt can be done!.:001_smile:

hey stubby i was also told this too but a bought mine just over a month ago and believe its a 2012 model how do a check for year of saw a can't see any clear i,d. I'm taken mine back in next week to see if owt can be done!.:001_smile:

Hi Sanny . Its on the seriel number tag . follow the top hadle down to the clutch side and its just obove the second (upper) handel mounting screw and behind the handel itself .

Had my 560 two weeks and just can not get on with it. Its awsome when cutting but just a pain to start. Sometimes will go first pull others might take twenty sometimes hot sometimes cold might px for a 346.

I think the problem may be that sometimes people forget that the ignition is on all the time and they lift the lever which puts the choke on. If you pull it once like that, when its hot , it will flood . Prime it once or twice maybe and just pull the cord . leave the switch alone . I could be wrong - - -

Ok . I now have 2 ( thats two ) 560s . My original saw has returned from Sweeden . They say they could not find anything wrong . They cut wood for a tank full running on aspen ( which I have not ) using a 15" bar ( I used an 18") cutting 10 to 12 inch diameter wood ( I cut the full width of an 18" bar ) . They have not asked for the other saw back ! I could have 200 saws but if non work ? ? ? , Not had a chance to try yet . been on the grass all week .

Ok . I now have 2 ( thats two ) 560s . My original saw has returned from Sweeden . They say they could not find anything wrong . They cut wood for a tank full running on aspen ( which I have not ) using a 15" bar ( I used an 18") cutting 10 to 12 inch diameter wood ( I cut the full width of an 18" bar ) . They have not asked for the other saw back ! I could have 200 saws but if non work ? ? ? , Not had a chance to try yet . been on the grass all week .

HI STUBBY is the 560 just too small to take a 18 ins bar it better on a 15/16max bar thanks jon :thumbup:

I think the problem may be that sometimes people forget that the ignition is on all the time and they lift the lever which puts the choke on. If you pull it once like that, when its hot , it will flood . Prime it once or twice maybe and just pull the cord . leave the switch alone . I could be wrong - - -

I dont think your wrong , i believe your right . I did this last week with my spanking new 550 and it was a pain to start again . :blushing::001_smile: