Ash cord wood

philg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is ther 1, for wood chip

There is if you google briquette.com the company are called RUF i think and i think there machines start at around the £200k!! It's the moisture content in the product being made into briquettes that causes the headache you have to get it down to around 8% for your woodchip it would work out cheaper to have a hammermill to process the woodchip prior to going into briquette machine.

i was charging £120 m3 last season, what im trying to put across is that i cant justify an increase of 30% in one hit, which is what the cord suppliers seem to trying!!!!!!!!

Where are you robbo ? the cord suppliers around here have gone up no more than a fiver a tonne in the last three years, i just don't understand where some of the prices of cord advertised on here have come from.

Where are you robbo ? the cord suppliers around here have gone up no more than a fiver a tonne in the last three years, i just don't understand where some of the prices of cord advertised on here have come from.

im surrey/sussex/ kent borders mate, im fairly be-wilderered by it!!! 2 years ago £25 per ton roadside was about the norm, last year rose to £30-35, could cope with that!!!!!!!!!

i think greed has a fair part to play,, like gen steve said earlier, forests around hampshire are full of cord, same as here really!!

i dont see how anyone can claim to make much out of buying in green cord at silly prices then sell it at £80-100 per m3

........... or maybe im too honest with what i sell as 1m3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :001_rolleyes:

In the last 2 years the government has slapped a £15 tax on cord coming from fc sites . The guys cutting the timber are in the same position as us getting caught in the middle. Now anyone selling cord has matched the fc stuff . I know some guys running harvesters who in 2002 were paying £3 a tonne standing and seeing a gross margin of £15 . Now they invest £25 a tonne pay twice as much for fuel and machines and make £9 . The general public are short on cash and if its a choice between shelling out £200 cash upfront or drip feeding the gas bill thats what they may decide to do.

im surrey/sussex/ kent borders mate, im fairly be-wilderered by it!!! 2 years ago £25 per ton roadside was about the norm, last year rose to £30-35, could cope with that!!!!!!!!!

i think greed has a fair part to play,, like gen steve said earlier, forests around hampshire are full of cord, same as here really!!

i dont see how anyone can claim to make much out of buying in green cord at silly prices then sell it at £80-100 per m3

........... or maybe im too honest with what i sell as 1m3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :001_rolleyes:

HI robbo and steve your right there mate its all mad £60 a ton rs what a :lol:jon :thumbup:

This is still a massive problem, one of my competitors has a big tree work add in the local paper, he is offering logs, it says "One ton in a builders bulk bag" WTF????

Unless its wet Green heart (even then it would struggle to weight a ton) he's talking nonsense and leaving himself wide open to get done by WM and TS.