Wasp's - love em or hate em!

button1803

Hi guys and girls,

Today - thursday 8th sep was just a normal day, me and my work mate had been on site for a few hours, reducing some trees, then the last tree of the job we put the ladder up and befor we knew it we had stood on a wasp nest!

i was stung 4 times all in all, my mate a few more times and with the swollen marks to prove it.

i couldnt believe that for 2 hours after 5 stings, i was at the local doctors having steriod and piriton tablets and having my breathing and heart rate monitored!

one point my breathing was so bad, it was nearly a 999 call to local A and E !

just wondering if you have been stung by these little so and so's and how you reacted, feel fine now, not 100% but a little sore and swollen. just amazed by how much damage they can do and how the body reacts!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear that mate, hope you're ok.

I have a pint bottle of vinegar in the first aid kit. Some vinegar on a tissue on the sting and it's gone in about a minute for me. No pain, no swelling, no itch. It only works if appied within about five minutes though.

My two daughters (who are now 4 and going to "big girl school") have not ever once cried when stung by wasps, and they've both been stung at least a dozen times. Vinegarise straight away, keeps the tears away! :thumbup1:

Sorry to hear that mate, hope you're ok.

I have a pint bottle of vinegar in the first aid kit. Some vinegar on a tissue on the sting and it's gone in about a minute for me. No pain, no swelling, no itch. It only works if appied within about five minutes though.

My two daughters (who are now 4 and going to "big girl school") have not ever once cried when stung by wasps, and they've both been stung at least a dozen times. Vinegarise straight away, keeps the tears away! :thumbup1:

:001_huh:Where do you live????????????

I have four children, one 6, one 8, one 14 and one 15, only the fifteen year old has been stung once,

How on earth do two 4 year olds get stung 12 times each!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ohmy:

:001_huh:Where do you live????????????

I have four children, one 6, one 8, one 14 and one 15, only the fifteen year old has been stung once,

How on earth do two 4 year olds get stung 12 times each!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ohmy:

When they were first born, we lived in a house with bricks and such, they never got stung. Then we moved into a yurt in an ancient woodland besides a big orchard, they got stung a few times. Then we moved into a lorry , I'd built it with a large (3'x5') plate of glass in the roof for light, with the bed being up at the front. The large skylight got loads of flying bugs confused about the way out, and with it being just beside the bed it seemed that when it got dark, wasps especially would use our bed to spend the night.

We lived in a large apple orchard in that over the course of one summer.

We live in one of those brick and mortar house again now.

last week i was climbing a big asp by the rail, about 6 meters up was a hole, where hornets lived, i tried to spike past them but they got far too curious for my liking so went down, throwlined up in the canopy and climbed as quick as i could, once i was 3 meters or so above the nest they didnt seem bothered, it was a big nest, usually the hornets nests are quite small, but i could hear them buzzing as i climbed, I didn't get stung and managed to leave a nice high pole for our dave to fell.....they wernt happy with him and more than once he bolted but we got it down unscathed. Hornets are like really f#ing big wasps, i have found some nearly the length of my thumb...

My Groundy for some time Christer, more than once i have seen him legging it after i have dropped a top on to a wasps nest when doing line clearance out in the woods, he's also needed airlifting to hospital one time when he didn't run quick enough, then there was the time he came up to me and when i asked why he had stopped working he replied 'i'm being attacked by an angry snake' .... he now carries an eppy pen or what ever you call em - its an adrenalin shot for if he gets stung again - always fancied giving it to him to see if it would make him pick up his pace a little.... glad to here your ok though, they are buggers for sure.

i got stung on the finger the other day when i opened the van door. it stung for a minit then it was just anoying after that. we have a nest to destroy on a huge ceder with co-domenant stems. the nest is were the two stems meet and there is a lot of weight on each stem. it was cable braced but the brace has snaped, the nest is VERY busy so we are thinking there is a big cavity up there. as the tree is in a buzy site and each stem leans over a car park we have to get up there and check the cavity meening the wasps have to go