John Humphrys

Simon Groom

Valerie Singleton

Anne Greg

Judith Hann

Stuart Hall

Bucks Fizz (the 4 of them).

...and the entire English 1966 World Cup team + Sir Alf Ramsey

I think there are quite a few more that I've forgotten. I've not included one or two that I've briefly met but didn't spend any real time with -- like David Essex, Micky Most, Jonathon Palmer, Don King, Eric Morcambe, Paul Daniels, Damon Hill, Margaret Thatcher and Martin Johnson. I once had a meal with a group of TV people in the States and sat next to the star of a Hollywood soap -- but I didn't know who he was. I think the show was called something like Beverly Hills 56789 or something. And I've not mentioned any of the politicians other than M Thatcher.

I've worked with quite a few actors who've been in good films but you probably wouldn't know their names (and I can't remember most of them) -- but there was the German commander in 'Indiana Jones and the holy Grail' who was turned to dust at the end; and the chap who played the Star Wars fleet captain and got done in by Darth Vader in episode 4, I think.

Generally speaking they've been really good to work with and a couple became friends for a short while, while some were total pains in the arse (I shan't say who). Most fun was probably Murray Walker. What a very entertaining man to be with, and a mine of stories -- if you like F1, like I do.

Best wishes,

John Russell

I've worked with quite a few actors who've been in good films but you probably wouldn't know their names (and I can't remember most of them) -- but there was the German commander in 'Indiana Jones and the holy Grail' who was turned to dust at the end; and the chap who played the Star Wars fleet captain and got done in by Darth Vader in episode 4, I think.

julian sands

• 2 years later...

Gary/shavey arbtalk

barry/skyland arbtalk

sean/ash01 arbtalk all decent blokes but having a soft spot for fixing stuff my hero,s would be garden kit n spud one day i live in hope etc just waiting for there next gig so i can get a ticket to see them