New Head teacher

White Noise

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow who peed who's Wheeties this morning. The school weather due to pressure from the parents or the students changed their minds. The dress code has now been changed and wrist bands are now permitted. If wearing wrist bands is the tip of the ice berg when it comes to disruptive behavior, than I guess more problems are on the way. I believe the teacher was incorrect in handling the matter in the first place. Lessons learned, order maintained, now lets go back to school.

easy-lift guy

Wow who peed who's Wheeties this morning. The school weather due to pressure from the parents or the students changed their minds. The dress code has now been changed and wrist bands are now permitted. If wearing wrist bands is the tip of the ice berg when it comes to disruptive behavior, than I guess more problems are on the way. I believe the teacher was incorrect in handling the matter in the first place. Lessons learned, order maintained, now lets go back to school.

easy-lift guy

You have made the mistake of assuming what the head wanted.

In order to be a good headmaster you need to be quite “politic”. The job is more about people management than teaching.

As an area of contention in schools, dress codes are second only to mobile phones.

By coming on with strongly enforced policies, when those policies found opponents you can “negotiate” down to a level you wanted in the first place.

This level you “conceded” to and agreed by the opponents is then set in stone and can be enforced, hopefully the support of those who were previously opposed.

I believe the Head master choose the simplest means available to meet the needs of the school, students and parents. I think the teachers/staff work for the parents who pay their wages via taxes, although I may be wrong that's the way it done over here. When the parents no longer have a voice as to what is being taught or how it's being taught or what to wear or bring , etc you will have problems.

easy-lift guy

What a load of cack this thread has turned into! I'd find some posts mildly offensive towards AP's lad. Being a good teacher/boss whatever you need to have the skills to be able

handle a situation like this without aggravating it. How does anyone know wether the lad had lost a family member in battle and seen this band as a tribute.

What a load of cack this thread has turned into! I'd find some posts mildly offensive towards AP's lad. Being a good teacher/boss whatever you need to have the skills to be able

handle a situation like this without aggravating it. How does anyone know wether the lad had lost a family member in battle and seen this band as a tribute.

Cheers Lorry

TALK ABOUT NAIL ON THE HEAD :001_smile:

Here's the facts - in school the headmasters and teachers have the authority, by siding with your kid over such an pathetic issue you and the rest of those parents have severly undermined the headmaster and teachers authority

This means you and the rest of those parents are adding to the problem of lack of respect within society.

Dont try and claim the moral highground because your son's wrist band represents a worthy cause. Charity wrist bands are nothing more than a fashion statement, a few years back everyone was wearing Cancer Awareness wrist bands, where are they now?

No-one is wearing Cancer Awareness wrist bands these days, why's that???

Have we found a cure for Cancer??

No, but the wristbands that were once in vogue at are now out of fashion. In reality people really didn't care that much about Cancer Awareness otherwise they'd still be wearing the wristbands.

If you and your son stand by your words your son should wear that wrist band for the rest of his life. But he wont will he? one day he'll wake up and say, 'I can't be bothered with this wristband anymore and chuck it in the bin'.

Then you'll sit and reflect on your childish decision to support your son's right to wear a 'charity' wristband in school.

:congrats:

I think you are spot on there.

Headmaster has lost his authority and made a rod for his own back.

Parents are only doing what they instrinctively know/do, backing up their kids when they see them threatened by others, usually that soon changes when the child does something that the parent doesn't agree with though.:sneaky2:

I agree with scotspine1.

Teachers need our backing, its not easy for them to get the respect they need and when parents undermine them it makes their job very hard.

Our children need to know that life's not aways fair and sometimes we need to sacrifice things we want for the greater good.

more evidence required:

1. did you son present the fact it was in support of victims?

2. did the head act in a manner of blind reason?

3. was your son spoken to in such a way that he became upset or angry?

4. if it was then confiscated - when would be returned?

head teachers are very well trained, and most these days are skilled negotiators - write a letter of complaint to the school, and also pass to your local rag and your local education authority - lets see if he can get out of that one.:sneaky2:

Theres good and bad in all . This Teacher is in the minority and if he knew my son from the first year I'm sure things would of been different . He would of understood the importance of the charity band to my son . Having said that the guy does come across all high and mighty with an attitude of I'm better than you . My son was angry and upset about this matter . Although as I have said to him many times before everyone sees things differently . Speak your mind people .

Here's the facts - in school the headmasters and teachers have the authority, by siding with your kid over such an pathetic issue you and the rest of those parents have severly undermined the headmaster and teachers authority

This means you and the rest of those parents are adding to the problem of lack of respect within society.

Dont try and claim the moral highground because your son's wrist band represents a worthy cause. Charity wrist bands are nothing more than a fashion statement, a few years back everyone was wearing Cancer Awareness wrist bands, where are they now?

No-one is wearing Cancer Awareness wrist bands these days, why's that???

Have we found a cure for Cancer??

No, but the wristbands that were once in vogue at are now out of fashion. In reality people really didn't care that much about Cancer Awareness otherwise they'd still be wearing the wristbands.

If you and your son stand by your words your son should wear that wrist band for the rest of his life. But he wont will he? one day he'll wake up and say, 'I can't be bothered with this wristband anymore and chuck it in the bin'.

Then you'll sit and reflect on your childish decision to support your son's right to wear a 'charity' wristband in school.

I have been wearing H4H wristbands since 2007ish. This isn't a "ooo look at me being a charity lad" thing, this is because I support the charity with all I have got, as do lots of other people my age. Don't tarnish all with your brush.