Navara problems - anyone else any experience with them?

Big J

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did try a couple of landies a few weeks back - a 90 with the seat put further back and a standard 110. The 110 was impossible, the 90 was merely very uncomfortable.

Problem is that I'm now accustomed to the comfort of the Navara - I'm not sure I could change to something as agricultural as a landrover!

How about a bit of haggling with the lease co.? Economic times are hard for them remember. You obviously like the Navara when it works properly so perhaps you could agree (in writing of course) to take another one on the understanding that the lease co. will take it straight back if it too plays up.

The fact that 'so many' people have had problems - actually probably only a small minority of all Nav owners - will hopefully mean that you've just been landed with a rogue vehicle this time and that a replacement won't be the same.

Mine hasn't been perfect but the niggles are minor and don't affect its operation.

Worth a thought?

(Far less big) Jon

Sorry to hear of the problems with your Navara!! I have a 57 Plate and its on 67,000 miles and the only problem i have ever had was a fault with the 4WD, and a central locking motor in the passanger front door.... both problems were sorted out free of charge on warranty! I have loved having this truck, but now i do not need it so i am going to sell it, but it has been extremely reliable! I drove it to Sweden and back twice, had it out there all winter and it started first turn every single time even down to below minus 20! Whilst i got all you Navara owners in my sights.... i have a chequerplate toolbox for sale, custom made to fit the navara D40, cost over £400, i want £250 for it! I am taking it off before the truck goes up for sale! Send me a poersonal message it your interested guys! It is on Arbtrader site, but i had problems reading the ad. The tool box is lockable and in perfect condition! Cheers!

As I've always maintained, it's a cracking truck to drive when it works, but I just can't have a vehicle that has electronic glitches every other week. Manual says you invalidate your warranty if you don't immediately take the truck in when you see the warning light.

Frustrating!

this does not sound like a common fault, i have never heard anyone else have this problem mate! I would take it back to them over and over until it is sorted!

I can't afford the time to do this, nor do I think that I should have to with a 6 month old truck. They can't give me a curtesy Navara so it leaves me stuck.

See what the chap at the lease company says tomorrow.

Jonathan

I did over 260k miles in a Rodeo with hardly a bit of trouble, leaking gearbox seal at 180k done under warranty. I'm 6ft tall and thought that the seat went back too far for me. Tell the lease man that you want to try one of those!