Navara problems - anyone else any experience with them?

Big J

We had a new d22 on 52 plate had it about 18 months 36k got rid. Terrible dealers tried 6 . Never ending problems they could not fix. We had a lucky escape as soon after all the engines started to blow up. The later ones have citroen engines I believe. The back up service is more french than japanese.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I have a 58 plate navara. Had sooo many issues. 4 new injectors, rear prop universal joint, new seat, steering wheel, new 4*4 activation switch and now I had a vibration above 60 which turns out to be a front prop replacement. All covered under warranty. I see your based in Edinburgh and if your having problems the guys at af noble near ikea have been more than helpful in fixing the problems. Hope they can help.

Cheers

i have two navaras and im proud to say that i will not be getting another !!! one is a 54 plate d22 and at 60k the bottom end parted fell apart - the dealers were a pain in the arse and less than helpfull as it took six months to get the work done , my 56 plate d40 has an intermittent fuel presure valve fault and has had yet another re-call . personally i would not buy another , neither of the trucks are used for proper work and i cant honestly say that if they were that they would last for that long at all

Yea I have to say I'm hearing more and more they are not great as work vehicles due to the reliability. I think I will be replacing it once the warranty is up in the winter. Shame as they are great to look at and drive when working correctly.

Big j it's funny how on this thread people are saying how bad they are, but I can remember when you where thinking of buying all there seemed to be was love for the nissans.

Anyway I bought a brand new 306 dturbo in 98 and had numerous problems in the 1st 6 months. After crying at Peugeot till they where sick of me they changed the car, the only advice I can give is keep at them, as the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=54.899861,-5.029194

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they are lovely to drive especially the new D40 Aventura But what lets them down is the dealer service down here , i personally would have another if i could use another dealer but there are only two in cornwall ! both are owned by the same familly and funnily enough both are a totall waist of space whn it comes to service or repair . infact when my other half went into the dealer looking to buy another navara while ours was having a new bottom end they actually could not even be bothered to sell her another !!! little did they realise she had 7k in cash in her bag to put down as a deposit !!!! .

You can can fall out of love with a Nissan. I should know but that said it was no where near as bad as the new transit we bought :biggrin:

I bought one new in 2006 had nothing but problems new rear axle at 4000 miles which took 2 months new cd player that took 1 month rear wheel fell off at 80 on the m1 which took 2 months to repair and i had to pay out of my insurance as it wasnt covered by warranty in the end i told them to pick it up its not fit for purpose and i wasnt willing to pay for it any more 4 years later and a court case later i ended up out of pocket pissed off with nissan and pissed off with the system

Some terrible experiences here with the Navaras! I wish that I had known this 6 months ago!

Anyway, a trouble free 300 mile round trip to Aviemore this weekend at 36mpg, but most amusingly, the left hand VDU (displaying the time and external temperature) has died. First it froze, then it displayed 9:90PM then 9:80PM then when I got home and turned it off and on again, I got a rather pathetic back to front C. Oh dear.....