Navara problems - anyone else any experience with them?

Big J

Turns out I should never have got involved with this chat as the navara has gone into limp mode 4 times in the last 2 days. oh no update soon.

That's terrible - I'm sorry to hear that. I've found that when the frequency of occurrence of limp mode increases, it's about to go into limp permanently.

In other news, it managed a 300 mile round trip to the Highlands, but not without the left hand VDU (visual display unit) freezing and crashing. For much of the return journey it was 9:90PM :001_huh:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm five months and 9000 miles into my Navara tenure. It's not going so well really.

It keeps losing power (going into limp home mode) which is usually fixed by switching it off and on again. However, on two occasions, this hasn't sorted it, the engine management light has come on and the RAC have been called. This evening was a case in point.

There have been various fault codes, and issues such as blocked turbo wastegate, dodgy earth wire and fuel rail issues suggested, but nothing seems to fix it.

I'm really getting to the end of my tether with it as I got rid of my old truck to get something more reliable. Currently, the old Mercedes was more reliable than this Navara.

Has anyone else had such issues, and what fixed them?

Additionally, where do I stand legally with my lease purchase arrangement? The way I look at it, I'm paying for a product that isn't working, and honestly, I would happily give it back. Nissan don't seem too interested, and will only give me a Micra as a replacement vehicle. Not much use for towing or forest tracks :thumbdown:

Help!

HI big j hope you get it fix soon mate we had a land rover d3 hse it was no good a friday night made car hope you get it fixed soon jon

have any off these motors been chipped @ any time ,could chipping course these probs ????

I think they have all been chipped to a degree. Dragging 160-200 bhp out of a 2.5 litre 4 cyl eng, a cheap alloy rad for good measure there is going to be tears at some time. Normally 3 years 2 months.

Woodpicker - totally standard. It's worked damned hard (lots of off road work and lots of heavy towing) but driven gently throughout.

Rob - tell me about it! The problem is that it's the only one that's really suitable for me as the Hilux is just a bit too small inside and the others aren't much better either.

Jon - I reckon it was the work experience lad that made mine!

Woodpicker - totally standard. It's worked damned hard (lots of off road work and lots of heavy towing) but driven gently throughout.

Rob - tell me about it! The problem is that it's the only one that's really suitable for me as the Hilux is just a bit too small inside and the others aren't much better either.

Jon - I reckon it was the work experience lad that made mine!

HI big j on my land rover d3 i had lots of problem that was made on a friday night not good but when it a work truck it take the:lol:not good try going too nissan uk too the top mate that will work if not let them have it back but too have car when your navara in for repair is just not right thats not good how are you going to tow a 3500 kgs trailer with that all the best big j jon :thumbup:

If you get to the end and still no luck. Hire one of those advertising trailers and list all the faults you have had and the dealers names. Park it out side Nissan Uk. Tv regional centres where the camera points, out side the dealers etc tell the local papers and get them to photograph. I had a new transit for two years it was dreadfull a similar stunt on a Ford corporate day at Thruxton race circuit did the trick.