Hello from Loadhandler UK - for the pickup truck unloader

LoadhandlerUK

whats it like with wet sand or concrete?

Hi Robert,

I won't BS you - I don't know.:blushing: I'll email the States and hopefully get an answer on Mon or Tues and get back to you.

My guess is though that providing the concrete was firm enough that it didn't run everywhere it should be ok and the dragsheet is tough and washable. Same with the sand - seems possible.

But I'll seek advice and come back

Curtis

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it ! I like it a lot !!

I have a toyota hilux 2.8 crew cab import.......will it fit mine..............

Looks wicked !!

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the interest. Will fit crew cabs ok too - strap to the tailgate in the usual way, just unroll less Dragsheet. With a shorter load area of course you can 'reach' much more but it's still effective for emptying anything on to the ground or into wheelbarrows or onto a tarp. I hate shovelling off a pickup :thumbdown: - single or double cab.

Curtis

.....for a non-tipping vehicle it's a no brainer when compared to shovelling.

The only wear I've suffered is slight fraying of the open end of the sheet but I was told about that at the time of purchase and it isn't a problem: gaffer tape or hemming will sort it.

I do keep leaving the handle lying about - I've just got it back after leaving it in Enfield! I wonder if a way could be devised of clipping it to the roller for transit. You may have to go posh for that and have a jointed handle that folds into a single length - more cost though I know.

How about a pocket stitched in to end of the sheet (I'm sort of thinking out loud here)?

I think the Loadhandler's time has come in this country; best of luck with it.

Jon

Thanks for the good feedback - we value it and will log it and look to see what can be improved. I've had lots of discussions over the last few months with the parent company in the States. They are dead busy so don't always answer emails straightaway but we've built up a good relationship and they're keen to listen and learn from us Brits.

It's a new market for them and things are different, different materials, different names of things and different size trucks. Generally we don't run the F150s and the Dodge Rams hence the 2200M (for 'mid-size') being the most common for us here. Also they know nothing about arb trucks based on larger chassis like Transit and Isuzu. They will take our feedback and in time develop kit based on it.

We think the arb sector is the prime usage market for this. Logs, woodchip for biomass etc. If you haven't got a tipper it's hard work and yes there are alternatives (like tying a tarp to a tree and driving off) but as we get more accountable to HSE and our customers to demonstrate we use good and safe systems and kit, we felt that this gives a simple advantage over lifting or shovelling.

Thanks again Jon, grateful for all this.

email any pictures to [email protected] - they'll be most welcome

Curtis

Hi Robert,

I won't BS you - I don't know.:blushing: I'll email the States and hopefully get an answer on Mon or Tues and get back to you.

My guess is though that providing the concrete was firm enough that it didn't run everywhere it should be ok and the dragsheet is tough and washable. Same with the sand - seems possible.

But I'll seek advice and come back

Curtis

cheers for the honest reply, welcome to the site :thumbup1:

cheers for the honest reply, welcome to the site :thumbup1:

ditto the great reply aswell. I will pass on the info to my mate, at that price its worth the punt i reckon. he has been filling his trailer up with weed from his reservoir, and its tricky stuff to handle once its in a huge pile in a trailer.:thumbdown:

i reckon this will do the business:thumbup1:

Curtis

I'll echo what Nepia said,had mine for just over a year and well happy with it,but could really do with a spring loaded "detante"(i think) or similar to retain the handle -got an R clip on mine,but an auto-locking system would be better.

Cheers

Steve

Awaiting the replies from the States guys for the wet sand / concrete and a longer term response to stowing the handle. Should have the answer later.

Meanwhile, sold one today - via Arbtalk - for a hi-cap LR. We'll need a few digital pics of this one in use :thumbup1:

Anyone else using one on a LR?

Curtis

Hi Curtis,

I imagine this would work better on a double cb than a single cab. Do you get problems with stuff getting caught behind the wheel arches?

Hi Danny Boy,

They work ok on both. When these were developed, most pickups were just pickups and carrying people was secondary. It wasn't until the tax break 'loophole' for carrying people in a commercial vehicle caught on that the double cab rocketed in popularity. So they were originally thought of to unload the long flat bed Chevys and the like.

So crew cab or single they work ok - as you say, you do watch out for 'trapping' stuff behind the arches. If you're unloading large boxes or pallets you'd have to keep that area behind the arches clear. On loose fill this won't matter as you'll just leave it behind and you simply rake out the residue. On loose loads that may 'lock' e.g logs or very dense material just ensure the area behind the arches is relatively clear before you unload. Some folk in the States have made simple plywood right-angle boxes to place behind the arches when filling such material.

We've just had a customer buy one today for hay bales - he delivers smaller quantities 'off the field' to horsey types who can't collect. Stacking them up and securing with a ratchet strap he's winding them off at the delivery end cutting about 15minutes from every delivery he makes. It would be a similar saving with logs and wood chips I would think. :001_smile: