Wildebeests

Dave Martin

LOL same here, i sold up my business nearly two years ago now and kinda gravitated towards the 'fuel industry' and it seems to have really got a grip of me. I figured getting into oil and petrol was going to be too hard but burning fuels was wide open.

I am loving every minute of it (mind you the physiotherapy session i had on my back yesterday wasnt that pleasant!), i am actually enjoying the lean time in the summer as i have time to get my yard in order, logs bagged, website created, flyers printed, van built, van sign written, shelter in the yard built so i can work out of the weather etc.

I suppose its only my first proper year so maybe i will feel different about the lean times next summer!

Please dont tell me that you have been in the petrol business Tom following our last conversation about coincidences :biggrin:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was teaching full time, but went to part-time and set up a firewood business. I have started a wood etching service, and help out with catering (weddings) during the lean times. I have also started making oak shelves etc. with the wood that is too good to log. Loving every minute of it, and hope to be full time within two years. Great to hear others on hear doing similar.

LOL same here, i sold up my business nearly two years ago now and kinda gravitated towards the 'fuel industry' and it seems to have really got a grip of me. I figured getting into oil and petrol was going to be too hard but burning fuels was wide open.

I am loving every minute of it (mind you the physiotherapy session i had on my back yesterday wasnt that pleasant!), i am actually enjoying the lean time in the summer as i have time to get my yard in order, logs bagged, website created, flyers printed, van built, van sign written, shelter in the yard built so i can work out of the weather etc.

I suppose its only my first proper year so maybe i will feel different about the lean times next summer!

Me to, sold out in 08, now running a wood burning stove business with a firewood side line. Cutting the firewood in the summer keeps me busy but once late Aug arrives stove sales go ballistic till Xmas, then zippo till August.

A

A

You can transport something like 900 litres of gas oil with out an adr licence. One of my rival companies refuelled gensets and it did well, then packed up over night.

I have heard alot of old wilderbeasts say the price of logs has never been so high but cord, gas oil and processors is even higher and its the margin in between thats important. And for that reason they are out. :biggrin:

You can transport something like 900 litres of gas oil with out an adr licence. One of my rival companies refuelled gensets and it did well, then packed up over night.

I have heard alot of old wilderbeasts say the price of logs has never been so high but cord, gas oil and processors is even higher and its the margin in between thats important. And for that reason they are out. :biggrin:

So do you think that the ones still supplying are working for peanuts or have the others got their gearing wrong?

• 1 month later...
And after the rains came the Wildebeest began to grow fat once again and then uncharacteristically the rains stopped and once again the well dried.

The wildebeest are getting fatter and fatter in this part of East Anglia, i put my adverts in the local papers today but have been doing at least two loads a day for the last couple of weeks and the weather as been in the mid twentys for the last few days, roll on the cold weather :thumbup: