How do you guys price VAT into your Firewood?

farmer_ben

Do you VAT registered chaps include VAT in your advertised price or have a + vat price?

Just wondering really as I hardly ever see any mention of VAT on any adverts, include some national firewood companies that most be VAT registered surely?!

Do the general public expect to pay VAT on firewood, even though all my customers did last year!?!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I invoice with VAT added. 20% wholesale 5% private sale(end user). I don't print an invoice for every single bag i sell at a farmers market for example. I just enter it as cash sales and pay the 5% VAT. So if i sell bags of logs at market to the public at £2.50 i would enter it as a cash sale as £2.38 and the 5% VAT would make it up to £2.50, although i must confess to actually doing myself out of profit when i started by entering the sale as £2.50 and then paying the VAT myself derrrr. I too would be interested to know how others are doing it?

i thought that under EU law you had to include VAT in the advetised price and that your vat must show in the financial break down on your invoice .

your probably right, and i have a bookkeeper and accountant that makes sure all my sales are correct. but i havent advertised since being vat registered so was keen to know how others have do it.

ours is included in advertised price. so £70 a load is actually £66.67 to us... we just total our monthly sales, divide by 21 and there's your VAT- bingo.

so would you say by doing it that way, your preventing any issues where customers may question VAT etc? i did most of my sales like that last year £90 a load, breaks down to £85.50 and $4.50 VAT

I invoice with VAT added. 20% wholesale 5% private sale(end user). I don't print an invoice for every single bag i sell at a farmers market for example. I just enter it as cash sales and pay the 5% VAT. So if i sell bags of logs at market to the public at £2.50 i would enter it as a cash sale as £2.38 and the 5% VAT would make it up to £2.50, although i must confess to actually doing myself out of profit when i started by entering the sale as £2.50 and then paying the VAT myself derrrr. I too would be interested to know how others are doing it?

thank u, thats interesting