London riots!

Frankie Lawrence

About 18 months ago I had a 20 year old Lad help me for a week. He asked if he could do an apprenticeship on Large diesel generators. We looked into it and found we could have swung it even though he was in his twenties. The wage was £160 a week with 1 day at college. By the time we sat down to talk about it his confrontational attitude and catch phrases were grateing on me. such as too be truthful ( I am lying ) 'too be fair' ( I want more ) 'for sure' ( I have not got a clue ) When we offered the position he laughed of his seat and said he wanted £300 a week after tax minimum. I was glad to be out of that one. My point is some and not all young people have a very high opinion of their self worth. When at school they are treated like gods now by teachers and put on pedestals. When they leave and enter the real world they can become frustrated. Unfortunately the world does not owe anyone a living. Riots tend to occur when benefits are cut and people are struggling.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The riots are disgusting! It is costing us tax payers a small fortune!!

My thoughts are with all the members of the Met. Police, London Fire Service and London Ambulance Service that have been putting themselve's in danger to try and control the situation!

I know what you mean Steve.

But they'll get control of this over the next couple of days then start hunting down the little thugs.

But what then? A trip in and out of court? 2 weeks in prison?

Why not a boot style army camp, get em out working on community projects a bit like bad lads army but without any get out clause :thumbup: