Delivering vented bags

Treemon

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure have, it picks up a m3 vented bag at full extension you can tell its got weight on though. But with a builders bag as in the pic it is under no stress at all.

It also picked up my huge saw bench, but not at maximum extension!

Its a PC1300, think its rated at 1tonne close in and 400kg at maximum reach.

I looked at all the cranes on the market and decided that with anything less than full hydraulic controll i would be disspointed. So this meant i had to go for second hand as they are £7k new + installation. So for £1900 i got a 2008 crane with full hyrdaulic slew and 2 hydraulic boom extensions.

I bought a chassis cab and had the drop side back made and the crane fitted at the same time, the back and crane attachement cost me £2200 including painting it all white.

Positioning it at the rear means i can reverse down a clients drive and off load the bag and put it well out of the way for them. Twice recently i have been able to place the bag right next to thier log store. It makes me smile every time!

built this very cheaply for last season, i would steer away from lucas... swing lift type cranes, not easy to use on your own if the delivery area is sloped!! am thinking of putting a small hydraulic crane on the jeep an useing a trailer to get multiple bags delivered!! this is with builder bags, dont think swing lift cranes would be suited to m3 bags

005.jpg.557d3282218ba4efe14ca552e25ee1d2.jpg

266.jpg.71e36c8077644d7077132866f557c59e.jpg

I came to the same conclusion with the lucas type swing crane.

I have seen pictures of your little SJ conversion before and its inspired me to do a similar type conversion to my hilux now as the pick up back is starting to dissapear with rust!

Just looking out for a suitable crane! Penny hydraulics do a good one but finding one second hand is proving hard!

Penny Hydraulics - Hydraulic lifting equipment, Tail Lifts, Swing Lifts vehicle mounted cranes, Goods Lifts, Mezzanine Lifts and vehicle mounted platform lifts.

they come on the big auction site fairly regularly, use differant names in your search thou, transit hiab, transit crane, ferrari 515 looks amazing, hiab 12v is 026 i think, i saw a 6 wheel landy flatbed with rear mounted crane recently, was towing a fairly long trailer, looked lovely but realistically it falls in the 'O' license bracket!! if i come across any cranes i will post a link

built this very cheaply for last season, i would steer away from lucas... swing lift type cranes, not easy to use on your own if the delivery area is sloped!! am thinking of putting a small hydraulic crane on the jeep an useing a trailer to get multiple bags delivered!! this is with builder bags, dont think swing lift cranes would be suited to m3 bags

I know what you are saying about the swing lifts on uneven ground, but i used to use one on a daily basis to lift water pumps up to half a tonne each once you get the knack off it there quite easy to control.

The reason i didn't go for a hiab sort crane is this is my first year doing bulk bags and i didn't know how my customers were going to take it, so i didn't want to go and pay in excese of 2k to find out i would be back to loose loads in the near future.

Sure have, it picks up a m3 vented bag at full extension you can tell its got weight on though. But with a builders bag as in the pic it is under no stress at all.

It also picked up my huge saw bench, but not at maximum extension!

Its a PC1300, think its rated at 1tonne close in and 400kg at maximum reach.

I looked at all the cranes on the market and decided that with anything less than full hydraulic controll i would be disspointed. So this meant i had to go for second hand as they are £7k new + installation. So for £1900 i got a 2008 crane with full hyrdaulic slew and 2 hydraulic boom extensions.

I bought a chassis cab and had the drop side back made and the crane fitted at the same time, the back and crane attachement cost me £2200 including painting it all white.

Positioning it at the rear means i can reverse down a clients drive and off load the bag and put it well out of the way for them. Twice recently i have been able to place the bag right next to thier log store. It makes me smile every time!

is that a pick up type truck or a cabstar type? did u have to stiffen suspension at all? i am looking at fitting a small hiab to my new pick up but am concerned about weight

I bought a VW LT35 cab with chassis, it had been a refridgerated delivery van for sainsburys. The fabricators made a drop side back and mounted the hiab to the frame. So it can all be unbolted and put on a new chassis if i fancy... in theory.

The hiab only weighs 200kg i think.

What sort of pickup have you got?