Delivering vented bags

Treemon

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i do think the the hitches are rated @ more than they say they ,they will have built some leaway in ther somewer :001_tongue:

and the tyres on my car are rated at 140+mph, doesn't mean i am allowed to do that though.

It was just an observation. I have seen a similar trailer with a slide mechanism so the crane could be slid over the axles for the journey home

my firewood trailer:

Indespension plant trailer with a hiab fitted to it, 24v electric pump powers it, will lift 3/4 ton. can get six 1/2 m3 bags on if need be. also great for picking up big lumps of wood. looking for some tractor timber tongs for it if anyone knows where to get a decent set?

Even has a little ram for lifting it on and off the truck, which can be used as an outrigger when lifting heavy stuff

LOOKS GOOD ! How much did you give for the hiab?

Picked it up for £150 from a farm sale, rusty as hell, and all the pipes had to be replaced, but once i'd sand blasted and painted it looked as good as new! the motor is off a lorry tail lift, think all told cost me about 2k including the trailer. I appriciate what your saying kev, the nose weight is a bit of an issue, i may consider altering it to a side position, as it wouldn't involve too much hassle and would balance the trailer better.

I have same trailer, you could take tailgate off its only 2 bolts lose that weight, mount at back with a release mechanism to slide and lock in middle when empty and detach when usiing as plant trailer. Or mount at back and fold into trailer laid down over axles.

I load them with a teleporter on pallets then unload with a pump truck, roll them down the tailgate and into the customers garage, they love it. So far this winter 90% of my wood sales have been in 1 cu m bags, I was going to buy a tipper for bulk stuff but am now having second thoughts. The only down side is thats its a real squeeze to get 2 pallets and a pump truck into a GD85 IFW trailer. A 10 foot would be far better and maybe thats the way to go. Tippers being higher even with long ramps may lead to an excessively steep unload ramp.

Ball hitches on 4x4s do have weight limits, I think that the crane on the front of a trailer body may well take the weight OTT when loaded, looks a nice idea though. Perhaps a military jaw hitch would be better.

A

• 3 years later...
I think a crane like i have on the back of my LT would be too big for a ranger, its not the size its the weight it can lift and move around. I would say you would be looking at a swing lift too.

how many bags are you carrying? we only get 2 and we had to go aluminium for the bed and cut off the spare wheel to keep legal but we lose something like 400kg with the 4 wheel drive.