Travelling to work? (Time wise)

scotty-w

That would be tiring!!! I was only asking because a job im looking at is an hour away.. Which seems pretty lame compared to you. :001_smile:

I wouldn't do it normally, i try and stay within 15 miles of home doing the logs.

But i rang a mate of mine one Sunday a few weeks ago (only for a chat) who has a big job in Southend (and was paying good money) so i went down to help him out, as and when.

My old man always used to say "think of the money"

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi the furthist I have travled to work is from Somerset to sky bridge but I did stay for 8 weeks . My van turns into my home . Even if work is close to home if it's an hour away I allways stay at the job unless it's a one dayer it saves masses on fule . I have a small genny or I can get hook up with my 50m cable

. I find staying over takes out alot of stress and saves loads of your hard earned cash but it would be different if you had a family to return to each night .

Littletree:thumbup:

Hi the furthist I have travled to work is from Somerset to sky bridge but I did stay for 8 weeks . My van turns into my home . Even if work is close to home if it's an hour away I allways stay at the job unless it's a one dayer it saves masses on fule . I have a small genny or I can get hook up with my 50m cable

. I find staying over takes out alot of stress and saves loads of your hard earned cash but it would be different if you had a family to return to each night .

Littletree:thumbup:

Sounds like you're well set up and sorted littletree. Personally I hate being away from the wife (yeah yeah soft sod I know) for even a night. Been there, done that and I prefer my home comforts these days. It was a good way to see the country when I was younger though but now I'm happy to travel up to about an hour and a half.

when i worked for hw martins we got the job of clearing a large railway cutting a Tring, Herts.

It was 3 1/2 hours each way, every day, for 9 months.

for the first 4 months i shared the driving, last half i did on my own..

bloody killed me....:lol: :lol:

now i'm on my own, about half an hour tops.

typically around 30-45 minutes, though at the mo have a site only 20-25min away which is nice. Had a couple sites around an hour to hour and 15 away, and had a spell of woodland trust stuff that could mean a couple of hours.

If I'm working away, then usually I'm only 3 hours or so away at the mo.

Ultimately if it's worth the drive then i'll go anywhere.