Never thought of an open discussion being used like this.

Ian Flatters

Hi,

Today i found out that a part of a thread off here was used to try and give me as a person bad press (not by an arbtalk member). Its funny how talking and discussing Loler and its pro's and con's can be attempted to be used against one.

Im not bothered too much as the guys who work under this person have spoke to me and i told them to read the whole thread not just a single post of which it is a very good discussion. But just made me think how things that are said can be manipulated.

Makes you think about what you should write in response to anything tho.:001_rolleyes:

Anyway always re-read before you post as what might be going on in your head may not come across as it does in a post. :thumbup:

If any moderator wants to delete this thread please feel free to. I was interested to see if anyone else has had this kind of thing happen???

If any moderator wants to delete this thread please feel free to. I was interested to see if anyone else has had this kind of thing happen???

Seems like a reasonable thread to me and you've made your point quite properly without the need for names so there's no danger of it being deleted.

Good post Ian. Some people are quite niave at times with what they post and this serves as a good reminder(not that you did anything wrong yourself by the sounds of it). There have been several incidents now where people have got themselves in trouble for just plain thoughtless posting...a couple of cases even resulting in dismissals.

Today i found out that a part of a thread off here was used to try and give me as a person bad press. But just made me think how things that are said can be manipulated. I was interested to see if anyone else has had this kind of thing happen???

Ian,

As you probably would have expected, this phenomenon is not restricted to ArbTalk or the U.K. as a whole. In The Netherlands, I was forced to delete all information on the effects of fungi on trees from a public site, after a non-certified tree worker in his defense publically mentioned my name as his source of information, which he had misread and misunderstood because of an obvious lack of basic knowledge on the subject, after a tree, which should have been felled at short notice if the problem and associated risks had been diagnosed correctly, fell causing thousands of euros damage.

mate whilst running a co-ed outdoor program in the usa in my 20`s I was warned I was going to get sued for de-charachteration(something like that) cause I prefared to climb with one individual rather than another,,i laughed and thought they where having a laugh,,not the case,,totall nerds,,,