Ford Ranger?!?

ash_smith123

I just wanted to know from people that have owned them what Ford Rangers are like?

I dont want to turn this into brand loyalties just wondering what peoples experiences are.

Im looking at them for the winter and dont really want to spend anything over 2k, for that it seems like I can get something around 2000-2002 with 100-150k miles.

Cheers Ash

very very good trucks , we run a ford ranger tipper (53plate) which has covered 136k and in the time we have had it i can assure you its been worked hard and stood up to it - even to the point it has been dragged into some sites by our unimog . IMO you cant go wrong with a ranger as long as it has been services and not pr owned by a tree surgeon !!!

we also have an old mazda b2500 (s reg) and that it still going on , its only draw back is that its not a turbo and has seen the bast of its days about 100k ago .

hope this helps .

I have a 55 plate crewcab not my first choice of vehicle but I am very impressed with it beats the pants off firms new mitsi L200 I use mine to tow a vermeer chipper and there's not much that will stop if off road wet slopes mud etc. If I was going to change it would be for an xlt or the wildtrack models in a colour instead of the white I have currently.

Big thumps up

I have had a couple of rangers, for a workhorse the earlier ones are better imo, the newer ones have higher gear ratios that make it a bitch to get moving when towing at it's max.

Expect the usual ford rust, chassis are a little bit flexy but again way better than the newer model, check the rear springs for broken leafs, it's a common problem on rangers that do a lot of towing, being lower geared they aren't too economical especially when towing.

I would have thought you could get an early lowish mileage one for what you have to spend, I personally wouldn't touch one with 150k on it.

All in all the early ones are pretty good trucks.

As above really, they are buggers for rust,drink fuel, and look untidy very quickly but will work till they die.

The later model, 07 on is lovely to drive but 1st is to high for towing IMO. That model is however much much better on fuel!

As above really, they are buggers for rust,drink fuel, and look untidy very quickly but will work till they die.

The later model, 07 on is lovely to drive but 1st is to high for towing IMO. That model is however much much better on fuel!

mines a 03 with 90.000 ,28mpg, not very comfy, but a good work horse, great off road but a bit harsh on the suspension, ive got milner rear springs,so a bit bouncy with no weight in,check clutch,head gasket apart from that all good

I have a 94 Ford Ranger. I am the Second owner and purchased the truck with 94K miles that was in 2001. Fast forward 7-17-11 still using same truck and at 308-K miles I would highly recommend this truck. V-6 if you can get one, I would not go for the 4 cyl not enough power IMO. Good Hunting

elg

I have a 94 Ford Ranger. I am the Second owner and purchased the truck with 94K miles that was in 2001. Fast forward 7-17-11 still using same truck and at 308-K miles I would highly recommend this truck. V-6 if you can get one, I would not go for the 4 cyl not enough power IMO. Good Hunting

elg

Different Ranger over here. No V6 sadly.