dogs hung from trees in bath???

elicokiz

That artical is utter rubbish written by idiots for idiots to believe,

firstly i can't imagine that the bullterrier in the picture is from the uk, or is in the uk. i have never seen a bullterrier in the U.K with clipped ears in the U.S. yes.

20k worth of damage? i find that hard to imagine.

forced to clamp their jaws around branches or a rope suspended from the tree. if they did not want to grab it they wouldn't, they do it because the dog sees it as fun. i doubt they are forced.

slow news day me thinks

That artical is utter rubbish written by idiots for idiots to believe,...

You've haven't been to a park anywhere in London recently, have you?

I agree with you on the "force" point, other than that the article understates the amount of damage being caused if anything. I know from my own experience that dog damage to trees is a huge problem and costs thousands upon thousands to put right and in officer time. One park that I surveyed had some form of damage to 80%+ of the trees from either dogs or knives.

Have a look through this the download from the LTOA Downloads | Dog Damage to Trees

That artical is utter rubbish written by idiots for idiots to believe,

firstly i can't imagine that the bullterrier in the picture is from the uk, or is in the uk. i have never seen a bullterrier in the U.K with clipped ears in the U.S. yes.

20k worth of damage? i find that hard to imagine.

forced to clamp their jaws around branches or a rope suspended from the tree. if they did not want to grab it they wouldn't, they do it because the dog sees it as fun. i doubt they are forced.

slow news day me thinks

How is it relevant where the pictured dog lives?

20k is quite easily achieved when you try and calculate the value of replacing like with like in mature trees, include aftercare etc.

Dogs can be trained to do lots of things, not just because they think it's fun, try and explain the difference between a vicious guard dog and my house-hound, both Alsatians? My dog is trained to catch sheep without harming them, would a dog do that for fun? No, it would not, it was tought to behave like that.

Dogs cause many thousands of pounds of damage to trees all over the country every year. Hang the owners, re-home the dogs.

@ Rover you ask How is it relevant where the pictured dog lives? i think it is, to me the artical has aspects of basically scarmongering and the picture they used is not IMO representative of bull breeds in this country, ears are only clipped for 2 reasons to make a dog look "mean" and when a dog is unfortunalty used for fighting.

and the 20k damage i choose to disbelieve the figure due to the tone of the enitre artical, do you have any evdiance to support costs published in the media, from what i have seen the media likes to inflate costs etc to grab a headline.

dogs do cause damage but so do so many other things.

and finally Rover your Alsatians i am not a dog psychologist if i were i would probably be better off :)

but it has to be said i dont believe you dog catchs a sheep, maybe the image in my mind is different to what your defination of catch is, do you have a video as i think it would be awesome to see, and have no problem being proved wrong.

@ janey no thankfully i have never been in a park in london :) i had a look at the dog damage to trees leafets, the damage looks much the same as rabbits, sheep or horses inflict on trees in the countryside. it happens.

tree vandalism is nothing new its been going on since man was put on this planet, it could be argued that in some respects its a good thing, encourgaing bio diversity and all that jazz, but we won't argue about that :)

I suppose the crux of the matter is i have a soft spot for bull breeds and when the media trawls out its usual hate campaign i find it iratating and you know what my bull terriers love nothing more than a good tug of war :)

Base I believe Rover was trying to make a point about the dog being a product of it's enviroment ie where it was brought up and raised by humans. I believe that the percentage of dog breeds in general is small but growing due to the mind set of the owners and the money that can be generated by such dog fights. I beleive that the damage to trees is real from several pic's I have seen on this site cost to replace said trees is more up to the market to determin IMO. I believe that Rover's dogs actually "Heard sheep" as opposed to catching them.