Ways of dealing with neighbours...

Lumberjack Pad

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit i hate noise at night, there is no need to have stone saws running at 7 or 8 pm at night. i aint bothered if he works 16hr shifts its not on. I have a numpty next door neighbour we call him "cat weezel" cos well he looks like him! he works alsorts of funny hrs and is home some days but insists on having a hammer drill going at 8pm on a sunday night.

I must admit i hate noise at night, there is no need to have stone saws running at 7 or 8 pm at night. i aint bothered if he works 16hr shifts its not on. I have a numpty next door neighbour we call him "cat weezel" cos well he looks like him! he works alsorts of funny hrs and is home some days but insists on having a hammer drill going at 8pm on a sunday night.

I'm glad I don't live next door to someone like you.

I have a nieghbour two down, they have a barking dog, a scottie, the problem was made better by a 6ft fence, he cant se anyone, now he is used to the fence and is barking again.

this morning I was woke at 8.30 by a constantly barking terrier, this went on for 20 minutes till i couldnt stay in bed. i got up as was after over 2 years of this losing my calm, walked out the door to see her walking it off down the road.

next time I will not wait, this has got to stop, and if my nieghbours can ring me on my mobile at 11.30 while I am out and get me to come home to sort my dog then I am well within my rights to expect THEM to expect ME to have the same issues.

it is one thing to live and let live, it is another to be a mug and let people take the peesh, this guy used to fancy himself as a DJ, each day after work it would begin.

bottom line is yes we have to all live together, but there is a line, and unless your living with it you cant really get an idea of what its like.

Where I lived last the was a condition written in the dead No noise or grass cutting Sunday. People did cut the grass and make a bit of noise but never at lunch or if next door were having a BBQ and there was a mutuel understanding that noise on Sunday was keept to a minimun.

Its just good sense really if you dont want to pee of the neighbours dont start a stone cutter at 8 Sunday evening I never start my chipper out of working hours I dont get new clients like that.

I think your neighbour has a lack of respect.

I have a nieghbour two down, they have a barking dog, a scottie, the problem was made better by a 6ft fence, he cant se anyone, now he is used to the fence and is barking again.

this morning I was woke at 8.30 by a constantly barking terrier, this went on for 20 minutes till i couldnt stay in bed. i got up as was after over 2 years of this losing my calm, walked out the door to see her walking it off down the road.

next time I will not wait, this has got to stop, and if my nieghbours can ring me on my mobile at 11.30 while I am out and get me to come home to sort my dog then I am well within my rights to expect THEM to expect ME to have the same issues.

it is one thing to live and let live, it is another to be a mug and let people take the peesh, this guy used to fancy himself as a DJ, each day after work it would begin.

bottom line is yes we have to all live together, but there is a line, and unless your living with it you cant really get an idea of what its like.

One of the worst noises for my head when I'm trying to sleep is a barking dog that some ignorant git won't tell to shut up. Drives me bonkers.

The best I ever had was when I used to live in Bedford, the spot on the freckle on the bum of England. Me and the mrs woke up on an unusually quite, peacefull sunday morning to hear a couple gently argueing their way up our street and just when they walked under my window he shouts at her at the top of his voice:"WILL YOU JUST SHUT YOU FORKING FACE BEFORE I PUT MY FORKING FOOT IN IT!!!"We still quote it now, whenever we have one of those friendly "arguments" years later.

Barking dogs driven me mad too. The neighbour on the other side has a fat retriver that constantly barks. Have heard it start up about 5.00am and finish (typically) as I'm dozing off about 10.00pm ish. Its now so fat and lazy its having fits, so fingers crossed......!

Chainsaws and chippers at the weekend or if I'm on a day off get my blood pumping.

The trouble is if I hear one in the village or near by I immidiatly have to go and check it out cuz I'm such a nosey baaaaastard. Then wonder why Ive not been asked to quote for the work and then get even more angry lol;)