Hows the log sales going now

mendiplogs

Are you sure it was an accident did the rider have a somerset accent.

:lol: Now theres a thought......... Nah, he probably gets lost just outside his village:001_tt2: Plus it would take hell of a while to travel that far on a donkey because surely he aint passed his driving test:lol:(Joke...for those with zero sense of humour)

All the best,

I could have the odd bit of softwood but considering you put the same amount of time in but have to sell it for less and no one seems to want it I don't bother. Just gets thrown on a fire on the rare occasion I have one to get rid of.

I sell 2/3 softwood, people actually ask for it! even though I usually have H/w as well. I think they like to think they are buying a sustainable product, sourced locally(I live in Kielder forest)? its certainly cheaper. I dont mind as it is so easy to process and move around, can throw a 3m length piece of softwood on a processor, but need a crane to lift hardwood that size!

Right you can all verbally abuse me now because its red face time for me. Im selling

.06 m3 for £45 and 1 m3 bags for £75 (softwood) I was given two lots of bags by the folks i assumed the smaller to be 1 m3 and the bigger to be around 1.2-3 m3. It wasnt untill i sat down with a calculator the other day that i suprised myself followed by a wave of embarrassment. This does kinda bring my prices inline with everyone elses though.

What shocked me even more was i got a bag in exchange from a customer that belonged to the local builders merchant. They are advertising bulk bag of hardwood for £44.99 but its only 80x80x60 0.38 m3!!! and its soaking wet.

I think im gonna sack the bags off completly next year and get a 0.5 and 1 m3 tipping skip to use as set measures and just do loose tipper loads. That way theres no "Their bags bigger than your bag" or "their bag is only so much" etc etc.

:lol: Now theres a thought......... Nah, he probably gets lost just outside his village:001_tt2: Plus it would take hell of a while to travel that far on a donkey because surely he aint passed his driving test:lol:(Joke...for those with zero sense of humour)

All the best,

HI all how the logs sales I'm off on sat now for xmas jon happy xmas jon :thumbup:

HI ALL hows your log sale going now ours is going very wel:thumbup1:l is customers getting it sooner this year thanks all jon :thumbup:

HI all hows the logs sales in the last 4/6 weeks here not as good as last year :thumb down:but it like summer still here in the summer the sales where good happy new year too all :thumbup::thumb up:jon :thumbup1: