Hows the log sales going now

mendiplogs

Same here, win some loose some, Tried dressing the truck today with tinsel and wearing santa hats, got £20 christmas tips, then 1 woman phoned in tears as her logs got snowed on before she got home, another man gave me a mouthfull when said I could not stack as normal I explained we were trying to get finished before dark as we had an hours drive and it was snowing heavily at home with ice predicted I got no sympathy. Now I feel like giving up the whole thing!

Dont give up. We tip we dont stack. We can serve twice as many people that way so less disappointment. If they are really that incredibly idle and lazy then we can send some one out for £50. We do however make exceptions but it needs to be genuine.

Dont give up. We tip we dont stack. We can serve twice as many people that way so less disappointment. If they are really that incredibly idle and lazy then we can send some one out for £50. We do however make exceptions but it needs to be genuine.

i havent stacked one load this year, i had stacking service as an extra printed on my flyers last year, had it took off for this winter as i just dont have the time. Like Steve though, I do make exeptions but do charge what its worth. ALways make sure 2 off us are delivering when a stack is required though, normally last load of the day also.

The driving rain and sleet really forced me inside to do invoices this morning :blushing:

But dragged myself out of the warm house at 3pm and did one local truck load and filled the truck back up for the morning. I have different layout in my yard this winter and it is helped things no end. Makes things so much quick and easier, especially if i'm on my own. 2 of us can roar through the logs.

The driving rain and sleet really forced me inside to do invoices this morning :blushing:

But dragged myself out of the warm house at 3pm and did one local truck load and filled the truck back up for the morning. I have different layout in my yard this winter and it is helped things no end. Makes things so much quick and easier, especially if i'm on my own. 2 of us can roar through the logs.

it was belting down with snow here at 7.30 this morning till 9ish..... i was sat on top of that crane loadin wood.... not pleasant...

Are you guys covering your loads when you take them out to stop the rain soaking the logs?

I have had two loads where the client was making a fuss about the wet logs and asking how long will they take to dry. I have a thick tarp that i am going to eyelet and use to cover my loads in future, people dont seem to or afford to be able to plan ahead so providing ready to burn logs is the way forward.

Frankly the weather over here has been so dam wet the fact they got a cube bag at all is a miracle as my 4x4 tractor is now strugling in the mud on the field where my bags are stored.

Oh how next year will be different, i cant wait to get some hard standing and roads put in!

Cant believe how many loads I am putting out a week, also amazed at how popular kilndried logs are to people new to the woodburners and how many people actually just want to buy 3 or 6 nets of seasoned logs at a time.

Problem with those smaller deliveries is the time taken finding the persons house the first time you deliver! Once they are repeat clients i find it pretty quick dropping off so you can make loads of net deliveries in a day and the margins in nets is better than for cube bags.

Why is it that the house you have to deliver to always has no number or house name on the wall? I went to one delivery today, Number 2 such and such road, I knocked on the door of Number 2 and an old lady came to the door, sorry there are 3 Numbers twos on this road... oookaaay.. and she pointed out the one where the people had just had a new stove fitted.

Blimey Windfall you must be flying around like the milkman with those nets....is there no way you can get the customer with the small net orders to come to you and concentrate on the larger orders.

I don't know the geographics on your area but nets are hard work,every time you move them your profit margin reduces.

IMO anyway.

L.