Hows the log sales going now

mendiplogs

the ifor tipper trailer is 1.3 cube standard i believe, but i'm going to make extensions so i can take a 1.8 load or 2 1.2 loads. where in essex are you mate?

In a hedge looking at your trailer! :001_tt2:Make sure you keep it locked up out the way.

Ben I'm south Essex in the Brentwood area.I have an Ifor tipper trailer it's the 85 model I had optional cage sides fitted from new which gives me just over 3 cube.I will post some pictures today if I can work how to upload pictures from this iPhone to the arbtalk Site.

A pub called up today, they wanted a load straight away could I do it. I said i'd finished for the day but could drop a load off on my way to the Rugby. Great they said, how much will we owe you. Tell them my price, they knew it anyway as they had my card, oh we can get a cube for £60 from up the road was the reply.....oh right I say. Its your call, thats my price and I can do you a load in ten minutes if you want it.Guess what, they gave it a miss!!

Not at one point did they ask me what the wood was like that I supplied, was just all about the price. Really hope they get a crap green load for £60, instead of my lovely seasoned Ash and Field Maple :)

I had the same last week, they wanted another 4 cube of hardwood but were shocked by my new price and that the local sawmill could do a tranny for 140. I said do the maths per cube, my load is a pound cheaper per cube and i would bet the hardwood would be poplar and softwood! They didn't order, this year its price they are after deals and bargains.

In a hedge looking at your trailer! :001_tt2:Make sure you keep it locked up out the way.

Ben I'm south Essex in the Brentwood area.I have an Ifor tipper trailer it's the 85 model I had optional cage sides fitted from new which gives me just over 3 cube.I will post some pictures today if I can work how to upload pictures from this iPhone to the arbtalk Site.

did you get them pictures mate? would be interested in seeing the sides as i believe i have the same trailer.

A pub called up today, they wanted a load straight away could I do it. I said i'd finished for the day but could drop a load off on my way to the Rugby. Great they said, how much will we owe you. Tell them my price, they knew it anyway as they had my card, oh we can get a cube for £60 from up the road was the reply.....oh right I say. Its your call, thats my price and I can do you a load in ten minutes if you want it.Guess what, they gave it a miss!!

Not at one point did they ask me what the wood was like that I supplied, was just all about the price. Really hope they get a crap green load for £60, instead of my lovely seasoned Ash and Field Maple :)

Had the same thing yesterday. Bloke rings, how much are your logs ? i tell him the price, he said thanks and put the phone down. I dint even have time to tell him how big or what the load was.:lol:

last couple weeks people have been askin loads questions, some order straight away, some ring back few days later and some never hear from again but since this frost we been havin end last week took 10 phone calls on friday and took 9 loads out yesterday morning before i went phaesant shooting, had 3 calls during the day and did them after shooting then took 4 out this morning... 2 new calls and 2 already booked.. seems there not so fussy now its getting cold.... and my newer transit with 4 loads on back at time is an absaloute godsend.... makes life so much easier....

did you get them pictures mate? would be interested in seeing the sides as i believe i have the same trailer.

Ben,heres some pictures,the full load is 3 cube IBC cages loaded into the trailer and topped up to level off.

The picture showing what looks like a half load is actually 1.75m3.

I can take some close ups of the cage fittings etc when its empty tomorrow if you want just let me know.

59765f3127e9d_halfload3nets.JPG.cadf93dbb4f985f06655ae9f1ee164ac.JPG

59765f3125caa_fullloadside2.JPG.2ea4bd9836e2fed608d3963cf9d8c954.JPG

59765f3123a3b_fullloadside.JPG.a2786744571439f61d3b3624cfe58693.JPG

59765f311e707_fullload.JPG.791d3559229840c74b6c944913c75c7f.JPG

Started to get a bit busier last week did about 15 cube which is still not good, then this not much better about 20 cube, also 1st time for few years not going to run out any time soon, never mind next year if i have any left 2 year seasoned wood will demand a higher price:thumbup:

Had the same thing yesterday. Bloke rings, how much are your logs ? i tell him the price, he said thanks and put the phone down. I dint even have time to tell him how big or what the load was.:lol:

had that a few times this winter already, cant help that a few times its been competitors on the phone finding out my price?! bit sad really, i'd happily have a chat with them if they introduced themselves!

Ben,heres some pictures,the full load is 3 cube IBC cages loaded into the trailer and topped up to level off.

The picture showing what looks like a half load is actually 1.75m3.

I can take some close ups of the cage fittings etc when its empty tomorrow if you want just let me know.

thanks for that mate, quite interesting you say that half load is 1.75 cause my old trailer was 1.8 cube and i was wondering how much i'd have to put in this new trailer to get same amount. the ifor is around 1.5 cube with a load flat level with the sides. do you mind me asking what you charge for your trailer loads? PM me the details if you want to share. cheers mate